Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are toast. Non of yall are getting in, now

T2Pilot said:
I'm confused by the mixed message. Are you saying that SWA or any other company personnel will take revenge upon someone for sharing their experience? This is an aviation interview forum - is it all just a set-up? As I stated before I don't want anyone violated on my behalf. Is it your expert opinion that participating in this forum for its purpose is detrimental to a career?

I think what Albie was saying a few posts before this one, and I said in my original post, is that you have to be careful when you are posting. This does not just mean interview gouge - it means everything you post. This is not to get people paranoid, but to be aware of what you put in print.

Let me give an example. If a person comes on this forum, is constantly berating everyone, is negative about their daily flying experience, etc., then that can paint a picture vastly different from the one that was portrayed in the interview. I can only speak for what I would do if I were in their shoes. If I had a difficult decision to make between candidates, and I could gather intel on someone, I would use every avenue necessary.

It does not take much for them to figure out who you are from your profile. Then, if someone posts when they interviewed, either on this board or another board, they could look at the other posts, and begin to draw a conclusion. Do I know if this definitely happens? No. But let me give you another example.

About 1.5 years ago, SWA sent "cease and desist" letters from their legal department to SWA employees and former SWA employees who were conducting interview prep for SWA pilot interviews (I saw the letter as one of the people sent it to me). They felt there was a conflict of interest.

Now, one of the people was a former PD person from SWA and had "inside knowledge" of exactly how SWA conducts their interviews. Did this person advertise to SWA he/she was doing this? No. How did they find out the person was doing it? The person was participating right here on Flightinfo and was very open about the knowledge possessed.

So, if you think that SWA or any other airline does not come on here and read the boards, think again. Does that make what they are doing bad or evil? No - quite the contrary. They are looking out for the best interests of their companies.

Just be smart about what you post and how you treat other people. That advice does not just apply to this board, but how you conduct yourself in every part of your life.

firstthird said:
Southwest is not Fedex and Fedex is not Southwest. I did not sign any type of non-disclosure agreement at Southwest (admittedly over 4 years ago) when I interviewed and other people have stated the same. Companies are different. Fedex had a non-disclosure form a few years back and apparently still does. To each company their own.

No argument there. Although they might not have had us sign anything, I do remember definitely being asked to keep the interview questions and process to myself by one of the interviewers. It was either in a one on one or the group briefing, I can't remember exactly.

I don't think there is any harm in general feedback and advice (just an opinion) and there is a ton of gouge out there (as evidenced by 320), but I would be careful about putting specifics out on a public forum. Like Duece said, there are plenty of folks who do so who perhaps don't have a dog in the hunt.

FJ

Resume Writer said:
I think what Albie was saying a few posts before this one, and I said in my original post, is that you have to be careful when you are posting. This does not just mean interview gouge - it means everything you post. This is not to get people paranoid, but to be aware of what you put in print.

Let me give an example. If a person comes on this forum, is constantly berating everyone, is negative about their daily flying experience, etc., then that can paint a picture vastly different from the one that was portrayed in the interview. I can only speak for what I would do if I were in their shoes. If I had a difficult decision to make between candidates, and I could gather intel on someone, I would use every avenue necessary.

It does not take much for them to figure out who you are from your profile. Then, if someone posts when they interviewed, either on this board or another board, they could look at the other posts, and begin to draw a conclusion. Do I know if this definitely happens? No. But let me give you another example.

About 1.5 years ago, SWA sent "cease and desist" letters from their legal department to SWA employees and former SWA employees who were conducting interview prep for SWA pilot interviews (I saw the letter as one of the people sent it to me). They felt there was a conflict of interest.

Now, one of the people was a former PD person from SWA and had "inside knowledge" of exactly how SWA conducts their interviews. Did this person advertise to SWA he/she was doing this? No. How did they find out the person was doing it? The person was participating right here on Flightinfo and was very open about the knowledge possessed.

So, if you think that SWA or any other airline does not come on here and read the boards, think again. Does that make what they are doing bad or evil? No - quite the contrary. They are looking out for the best interests of their companies.

Just be smart about what you post and how you treat other people. That advice does not just apply to this board, but how you conduct yourself in every part of your life.

I haven't seen anyone in this thread spouting any negatives (other than the brief "cat fight" that had nothing to do with the topic.) No one said company reps visiting the boards was evil - I just want to know if Albie (or you for that matter) had specific information that any company had specific issues regarding postings such that they would change a hiring decision as implied by Albie. If so then I would want anyone in that situation to follow those unwritten rules rather than answering the question in a way that would be detrimental. As far as non-disclosure I'm not in a position to know other than the posts with "gouges" are not much different than I've seen elsewhere and are apparently second-hand or more removed. Once again I'm not asking for trade secrets - and of course don't want the impression I am asking for any. I don't believe there are any golden bee bees out there anyway. I think there are plenty of tidbits that can make the process go smoother however. AIR, inc and others will sell anyone books with questions airlines ask and even provide practice interviews geared toward specific companies. They can do this because their members tell them about their interview experiences. Nothing in these posts was surprising. For the record though I appreciate the information offered I was mainly interested in logistical issues such as getting to the interview, additional paperwork to bring etc on top of the minimums. This has gotten somewhat off topic but maybe useful information in the future. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back