• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest SWA interview Intel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rumor has it, you were a major Southwest want-to-be and when it didn't work out...you went to the dark side and turned into a destructive & hateful megadeth person. It should be FE. Megadeth. They don't even let you fly over there, yet. huh?

Think about all those UPS packages in the back, you think none of those came from someone's double-wide? Single-wide? Think about who is paying your salary? You think only rich people ship stuff?

SWA/FO said:
They don't even let you fly over there, yet. huh?

Think about all those UPS packages in the back, you think none of those came from someone's double-wide? Single-wide? Think about who is paying your salary? You think only rich people ship stuff?

"Think about who is paying your salary".......BLAH BLAH BLAH. I am not cool enough to fly yet. I don't care where the packages came from as long as they don't have mouths.

Headfake14 said:
Has that actually happened. I'd guess it would have been from someone talking smack on here.

Maybe...maybe not, but I personally know at least one Northwest FO who was called into the Chief Pilot's office along with company lawyers who then showed him a post from another website with questions and answers about the interview. Funny how the info in the post matched his perfectly....planes, dates, locations, flight times, interview date, etc. Let's see.

It's been a while, but I believe, NW had interview applicant's sign non-disclosure agreements which got him into to the hot water.

Sure another anonymous poster could have posted the info, but it was highly unlikely. I don't recall him receiving any punishment, as they couldn't prove anything, but he told me he was tap dancing. :( Ok...not real bright guy but then again, I think he was an Auburn grad. ;)

Yahtz

SWA Interview updates

Appreciate the suggestions so far! Just to rephrase....anything new in the SWA interview process? I have been fortunate enough to get invited. Don't want any trade secrets but any tips will help. Unfortunately SWA doesn't fly into my neighborhood so I have to choose between buying a ticket on a competitor or driving 4 hours to a SWA city. Is there any chance that flying with someone else looks bad even under these circumstances? I don't mind buying the ticket....

Also, any tips on how early to show etc?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
No, they won't hold it against you. Not at all. They don't expect you to drive 4 hours jus so you can fly on us. Don't worry about it it won't even be discussed ubless you bring it up.

Spend some time in your logbook refreshing your memory about past experiences. Becasue, that's what they,ll want to talk about!

Good Luck

capt. megadeth said:
Uh, yeah, that's it!

I'm so bummed out that I don't have to suck up to ungrateful trailer trash and fly 5 legs a day, that I am going to keep applying and hoping that maybe, just maybe after the 6th time, SWA will finally think I am good enough. Then I can finally quit UPS!
I say it again and again Mega I love ya but the truth is simple: you at one point really did want to be at SWA and for whatever reason it didn't happen, likely because you made a personal choice to not get a type. That is of course a difficult choice. Now you are at one of the very best jobs for a pilot in the world and have every right to feel you made the right choice, but how suddenly SWA becomes a 5 leg a day trailer trash flying machine that is below contempt in your mind is beyond me. :)

And no... not getting the ONE women in aviation type from SWA and getting an automatic interview does not count as getting turned down when 100+ women are competing for that one award.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back