• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on usair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am (almost) afraid to ask, but when is the east/west fence going to fall? Remember the AB east/west difference distance learning training in 3Q13?

Do you guys know if long call is still going to be available in January? Scheduling doesn't seem to know...

This is a gray area. The MOU makes no reference, but FAR 117 makes several references to it.

With all the commuters at AA/US I think we'll see both USAPA and APA specifically pursue some long call contractual language in addition to what 117 specifies.

This is a gray area. The MOU makes no reference, but FAR 117 makes several references to it.

With all the commuters at AA/US I think we'll see both USAPA and APA specifically pursue some long call contractual language in addition to what 117 specifies.

I don't think it's quite as gray as you think. Long call does not exist in the MOU or in the APA contract. Absent any change in the contractual language, it's going away at some point. January? I doubt that, but I don't know.

FAR 117 references Long Call as a "type" of reserve but nothing in FAR 117 requires the company to put anybody on long call. It does require that Short Call must be specifically designated as such. Which is easy enough to do. "You are all hereby notified that "Reserve" means "Short Call Reserve" from now on". Done.

Latest resources

Back