• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats UAL-GSO. Are you leaving Air Tran to go back?

Puppy said:
Andy,
I was in your 6/18/00 class and got the recall pkg in the mail today for the 26 Sep class. Pretty short notice. Curious though...have not received any phone calls from the company.
Randy

How does that work?! I was in a 5/00 class and was recalled into the 10/16/06 class.

Guppydriver said:
Andy,

Judging from Puppy's post I believe you will get the call from Bob any day now. Would you be kind enough to gather some intel from Bob? Will recalls continue at the present rate into next year? Any word from manpower planning on next years staffing levels? What consideration is being given to the possibility of extending the retirement age? Could that lead to additional furloughs? Any credible info is good info at this point. I sit #8494 and trying to decide what to do. PM me after you speak to him.

Thanks,

Guppy

I've only exchanged e-mails with him. I would anticipate that recalls continue at this pace, if not faster.
The retirement age is highly unlikely to be changed; Congress only meets for another 15 days this session and they've got more pressing matters. HR 65 and SR 65 will die as a result of not being voted on prior to the end of Congress.
For you, I would anticipate a call for a Dec/Jan class date; I'm favoring Dec.
Bob has said to others that he expects to be through the furlough list by Feb classes.
Where are you currently working?

Andy,
Just to clarify: in Feb they will have hit the very junior pilot? Or will they have gone back up the to the top of the list, hitting all the bypassers?

Huggyu2 said:
Andy,
Just to clarify: in Feb they will have hit the very junior pilot? Or will they have gone back up the to the top of the list, hitting all the bypassers?

They will have hit the bottom of the list.
I think that they're expecting a quick rise up the seniority list, though. I think that it'll take a while to get through the second time, but we'll see.

Latest resources

Back