Latest on JBPA and bandofblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's pretty easy: FURLOUGHS...

Show me our bullet-proof no furlough language. All we've got is a "policy". Didn't you hear the conference call this morning? We're not furloughing because we can grow quickly if we need to with more staffing than strictly needed. If there was a business case for furloughing, we would have, period.

The problem is the timing. If the economy and financial institutions and the job market wasn't so dismal-- JBPA would've had a chance. Pilots aren't stupid, we'd all love great paychecks, benefits and work rules-- but it don't mean frac unless you have a job!!! When Feb 3 rolls around and JBPA doesn't pass, the company will still have a looming prospect of a union if glaring problems here aren't addressed soon. I don't think an in-house union that has to be started from scratch with little available funds was the correct avenue for representation. An ALPA, god forbid me for saying this, would've been a quicker and more viable option.

I'm not for a bunch of newbies who'll slip up our first contract that'll last 3-5 years; then have to wait that amount of time plus 3 years (the average so far for contract negotiations AAI, AMR, CAL, SWA) to get things fixed!!!

And again, no one at JBPA has addressed the fact that our first contract will be from scratch and that everything we have now will be dissolved and negotiated for again!!! SO the fact remains, we could actually come up with less than what we have now if the economic conditions remain in place. So how many people would like to see a reduction in pay for the first time to get our first CBA in place?

Hey Blue,

We already have less than we have now.....PTS at premium gone....That hits me for a couple thousand a year.......

Are you convinced the company won't cut more things from our PEA?....They seem to change it at will. Sure they give you the option to sign or not too sign, but with a CBA...anything they want to change they come to us and ask.....negotiate if you will......none of this unilateral work rule changes....

Hey Blue,

We already have less than we have now.....PTS at premium gone....That hits me for a couple thousand a year.......

Are you convinced the company won't cut more things from our PEA?....They seem to change it at will. Sure they give you the option to sign or not too sign, but with a CBA...anything they want to change they come to us and ask.....negotiate if you will......none of this unilateral work rule changes....

Most pilots manipulated PTS; at any given month 25% of the pilots PTSd at least once a month some even more. You abuse it you lose it. There was also a time when you could bid a single reserve day followed by one off so that you could loophole getting multi day trips on reserve-- abused it, gone... So there you have it, in good faith, the company provided some of these goodies, and like all pilots, a few ruined it for all.

Additionally, nothing will ever change the fact that management will always get what they want. You can sit and negotiate years for a great contract and overnight, the company can take much of it away for "survival" and then instead of snapbacks, they'll wait until your contract expires to renegotiate the terms you already had in place-- I'm sorry, it is a sad fact and there are too many airline pilots who have lived it and are living it now...

FADEC,

Looking at APC's latest chart, 4 years seniority in the left seat of a 100 seat jet and you're earning $75 an hour?

You deserve better than that. Hopefully, JBPA will allow you guys to negotiate something better than RJ wages to fly what is essentially a narrowbody airliner.

Most pilots manipulated PTS; at any given month 25% of the pilots PTS at least once a month some even more. You abuse it you lose it.

I saw the presentation to the PVC. The number was no where near 25%.

But the removal of PTS at PP did cost the pilot group $2,000,000.

This just shows how dorked up PP is. It should trigger at 84 hours and the base rate should be raised to compensate. Then the entire issue would not be an issue. PTS is paid at base.

Instead the company just took $2,000,000 from the pilot group under false pretenses and you are blaming the pilots.

What a strange group of pilots I work with.

...fact and there are too many airline pilots who have lived it and are living it now...
Yet these pilots all have overall a higher total compensation package than the pilots that have the best relationship in the industry with its management. Do you want to know how good the relationships is? Just ask management and they will tell you.

Last edited:
FADEC,

Looking at APC's latest chart, 4 years seniority in the left seat of a 100 seat jet and you're earning $75 an hour?

You deserve better than that. Hopefully, JBPA will allow you guys to negotiate something better than RJ wages to fly what is essentially a narrowbody airliner.

Did you mean to say $94? 4 year A-320 right seat is $75.

Hey Blue,

So basically just roll over and let the company steam roll ya....Sounds like thats your view. Whats next? A cut in pay? Will you be OK with that? I guess your answer will be..."Well the company just thought they paid us too much so they took some away from us. All I can say is that I hope you are not a PVC member. Sounds like your a yes man...

As far as PTS goes, sure, there is some abuse occuring in less that 10% of the pilot group. So what does the company do, they just get rid of it. You do not think a better idea would of been to come to the pilot group....let us know what they are thinking and ask us if we have any solutions to the abuse of PTS. I for one have 2 solutions....While not perfect would of possibly helped the PTS situation. Or even go to the PVC and ask them to help them solve the issue. Wouldn't you have wanted that? Or are you one of those pilots that never calls in sick so the benefit does not apply to me so screw those that are actually sick and now have to take a pay cut when they are sick. Not too sure if you were here or not but PTS at premium was put in as a safety issue so that pilots who are sick can call in sick and keep their pay......

Sure abuses will happen, but the company could of presented their view on all this a little better.....

So basically just roll over and let the company steam roll ya....Sounds like thats your view. Whats next? A cut in pay? Will you be OK with that? I guess your answer will be..."Well the company just thought they paid us too much so they took some away from us. All I can say is that I hope you are not a PVC member. Sounds like your a yes man...

As far as PTS goes, sure, there is some abuse occuring in less that 10% of the pilot group. So what does the company do, they just get rid of it. You do not think a better idea would of been to come to the pilot group....let us know what they are thinking and ask us if we have any solutions to the abuse of PTS. I for one have 2 solutions....While not perfect would of possibly helped the PTS situation. Or even go to the PVC and ask them to help them solve the issue. Wouldn't you have wanted that? Or are you one of those pilots that never calls in sick so the benefit does not apply to me so screw those that are actually sick and now have to take a pay cut when they are sick. Not too sure if you were here or not but PTS at premium was put in as a safety issue so that pilots who are sick can call in sick and keep their pay......

Sure abuses will happen, but the company could of presented their view on all this a little better.....

The presentation to the PVC had zero to do with 'abuse' it had everything to do finding a zero cost solutions for targeted pay raises.

Take $2,000,000 from here and and put $2,000,000 there and the tools start talking about how the company gave some pilots a raise.

It is unbelievable that some believe managements spin.

Latest resources

Back