• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on JBPA and bandofblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do consider the lack of raises I've had, in my year group, to meet inflation on a yearly basis-- concessionary... But I can also scrape by making $180K/year. So, I'm ok with F/Os getting longevity pay increases, as they should, at my expense.

If JBPA passes, when the first CBA emerges in 1-2 years (and nothing will change during said timeframe), just wait and see what concessionary means...

When we negotiate our first CBA we will start from scratch.

Why do you keep parroting this? Any contract will have to be subject to ratification by both the new board and all of the pilots. Why in the world would pilots vote for a worse contract than they already operate under? Are you getting special favors from someone to parrot union-busting rhetoric? There are valid concerns, but this one is straight from Ford & Harrison's playbook, and you're acting like their biotch.

BTW, it was 8 months. Thanks for showing your true colors guys; one thing I've learned so far in this JBPA process is how it's divided the pilot group and turned many good natured people into total jerks. The only advocacy I've pushed are the facts of this airline industry-- furloughs, lost pensions, benefits and huge paycuts (except for a company that's been in business for 38 years vs our 8 who is also now losing money). I don't believe the 12 pilots we'll be hiring will offset the 10000+ jobs lost in our industry since 9/11 and no union can prevent any furloughs. This fact remains uncontested: When we negotiate our first CBA we will start from scratch. If the recession continues or oil takes another hike, we quite possibly could be negotiating a concessionary contract. I say the timing is off, many JBPA supporters say this is the right time for it... I'm sorry, I'm not as naive as y'all, I just look at history, and history doesn't lie.

Swiss Cheese.

Chef and Friends

Friend of mine called today by VK, for a 18 Feb class. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't furlough. I can think of a few ex-military 6 month FO to 320CA upgrade wonders we could sure sh1tcan. Hey -- why furlough from the bottom: they are the cheapest labor group. Let's furlough from the top: JB is an innovator after all!

Just more name calling and sarcastic, derogatory know it all comments from Bavarian Chef and his buddies.

A whole lot of "knowledge" about unions from someone that never has been in one.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But Flight Info has done more to shine a "light" on the "extremism" and "character" of the radical PRO JBPA crowd and their "superior" agenda.
Belittle and character asassinate those that don't agree with you. Go work for MESA for ten years than get back to me about how "bad" it is at JetBlue!

I do consider the lack of raises I've had, in my year group, to meet inflation on a yearly basis-- concessionary... But I can also scrape by making $180K/year. So, I'm ok with F/Os getting longevity pay increases, as they should, at my expense.

If JBPA passes, when the first CBA emerges in 1-2 years (and nothing will change during said timeframe), just wait and see what concessionary means...

You can't even respond to the facts...another juicer who thinks the company will take care of him.

Latest resources

Back