• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Loll loll..........

From APC:

Per diem at DL

$2.10/hr (dom)
$2.60/hr (intl)

Looks like you're still WRONGY Jonny!

Hey, do you need some more quotes from articles about how lower oil will help DL? I got a bunch for you.... LOL!

Bye Bye---General Lee

So every one who's lucky to fly at big d gets an extra months pay while over half your flyings been scope-released out to the regionals.

Tens of thousands of regional pilots and not enough mainline jobs to make this career make sense anymore.

The system is rigged so the privileged become even more privileged. Just like on wall street

Can anyone argue that all of the above isn't factual?

How about a SEA A320 or B737 base?

They are looking at a SEA narrowbody base, (currently a 7ER and 330 base) but haven't decided on a fleet. Supposedly SEA will have 170 daily flights by 2017, so there is a possibility. SLC has the 320, 737, and the 7ER. So, right now if you want to fly the 320 or 737 in the Pacific NW, SLC is your best and closest choice currently.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
So every one who's lucky to fly at big d gets an extra months pay while over half your flyings been scope-released out to the regionals.

Tens of thousands of regional pilots and not enough mainline jobs to make this career make sense anymore.

The system is rigged so the privileged become even more privileged. Just like on wall street

Can anyone argue that all of the above isn't factual?

Uhhhh, they are parking 200+ 50 seaters, and hiring 85 new hires per month currently, with rumors of 100 a month until April. (For the Summer schedule). DL has hired tons of Compass pilots (flow) plus lots of Endeavor pilots lately. Retirements haven't even really started yet, and there are over 5000 scheduled.

Soooooo, there will be plenty of Regional pilots joining all 3 legacies, (15,000 total retirements), and there will be great movement and better pay available. But, you have to get there first. Most of us who came up through the Regionals (called "Commuters" back when I did it) experienced tough times, low pay, etc.

Right now the legacies can be picky, and standards are high. But there will be a race for RJ Capts and LCC pilots next, and after that RJ FOs with some FMS experience will follow. Right now it's all about getting on in front or in the middle of the hiring wave, not at the end.

I hope you get on ASAP. Good luck to you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Del-duh goes from first to third. SWA in there back door taking market share. Meanwhile the outsourcing continues. More RJs. Great job. Wish I was there. NOT!

Del-duh goes from first to third. SWA in there back door taking market share. Meanwhile the outsourcing continues. More RJs. Great job. Wish I was there. NOT!

Uhhhhhhh, what? Delta so far has the two most profitable quarters ever. SWA has decreased service in ATL and AirTran is getting dismantled. Delta is parking RJs and adding 717s. And there is no way you'd get hired at DL. Nope. Soooooooooooo, it looks like you are wrong, again.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Jan 1st they go to $195 an hour for 12th year 717 Capt (top scale). That is the smallest mainline plane. Profit sharing will be at least double this year compared to last (maybe more due to lower oil now), so that's an additional 2 months pay at a minimum. Add that to the current 717 rates, and you get a substantially higher pay rate. If you make $200K this year at DL, that's an extra $32K at 16%. If oil goes lower, next year's profit could be near $6 Billion.

That's not bad...

Bye Bye---General Lee

You have Captains that make only 200k? Surely you were talking about FOs right?

My last trip to Paris (about 18.5 hours, 3 days total, 2 legs, 24 hour layover) paid $2867 (18.5x155 (plus INTL override) and also $2.60 an hour per diem). You still worked harder, I ate better food, you stayed in a La Quinta in Omaha. I saw the Eifel Tower, you stayed next to a water tower. I took a night cruise along the Seine River. You looked insane, down by the river. Big difference Red, and you still lose.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Is it still special the 148th time you see it :)

You have it backwards Gen. 19.5 TFP equals about 22 hours adjusted to hourly pay. I hope you guys do well on your contract. It helps us all. I don't understand forum rats regardless who they fly for. Eyes on the damn ball. We're in this together.

Latest resources

Back