Latest ASA offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
goodto50meters said:
Sorry but i have talked to several who hate it.

Take the Skywest working agreement huh? There is no such document. A working agreement is an agreement. An agreement requires two or more parties. Skywest has no such thing. You have a policy manual that can be written and rewritten at managements whim and there is nothing you can do about it.

Stop trying to make your policy manual into something it is not. Tell me this. When management decides they will take your pay, or fire you, who is going to grieve it and arbitrate it? Oh i forgot, you cant, and you cant sue either because there is no contract. Your just plain screwed. Buuuut a union wont help you...nahhhh
semantics! whatever you feel like calling it, count me in. I'd take it over ALPA tomorrow. No question.

As far as who's going to protect you/us from the big bad company....I guess you're right. Not a day goes by that I don't hear a horrible story of some poor Skywest pilot getting "screwed by the management" and losing his/her license, job and freedom for nearly no reason at all. Pretty soon Skywest isn't going to have anyone left there to fly the planes.....NOT!:laugh:

GO AROUND said:
Talk to the SKW guys about the PBS they have. They hate it. There are good and bad PBS out there and the good ones seem to be too expensive for ASA.
I have. Several in fact and most (not all) like it.

GO AROUND said:
Talk to the SKW guys about the PBS they have. They hate it.

I'm a SkyWest pilot. I don't hate it. Neither do most of my friends/people I fly with.

Bizjet said:
Did you ever think that the SkyWest pilots had no choice about either PBS or Dual Qualification. Why don't you apply at SkyWest? You sound like you would fit right in.
If I could go to Skywest at my current seniority level and not start over, I'd apply tomorrow. Sadly, ALPA has set this f'd up system in place. Maybe JA will hold out that olive branch (with fences to protect the Skywest guys/girls) someday.

FORESTGUMP said:
If I could go to Skywest at my current seniority level and not start over, I'd apply tomorrow. Sadly, ALPA has set this f'd up system in place. Maybe JA will hold out that olive branch (with fences to protect the Skywest guys/girls) someday.

Stupid is as stupid does. Skywest isn't ALPA, they have a senority list. If they didn't it wouldn't matter where you were coming from you could get hired in at a place concurrent with your relative experience level.

GearUpLightsIn said:
Stupid is as stupid does. Skywest isn't ALPA, they have a senority list. If they didn't it wouldn't matter where you were coming from you could get hired in at a place concurrent with your relative experience level.
perhaps I should have said "unions" set it up. As far as I'm concerned, they all suck.

FORESTGUMP said:
perhaps I should have said "unions" set it up. As far as I'm concerned, they all suck.

Yeah, they all suck. What exactly do you think Skywest would have if it weren't for unions? They don't get what they get because JA has a kind heart, they get what they get because JA doesn't want a union on his property. If it wasn't for unions, specifically ALPA, this profession, at any level, wouldn't be worth anything.

atrdriver said:
Yeah, they all suck. What exactly do you think Skywest would have if it weren't for unions? They don't get what they get because JA has a kind heart, they get what they get because JA doesn't want a union on his property. If it wasn't for unions, specifically ALPA, this profession, at any level, wouldn't be worth anything.

;)You got that right ATRman!!!

FORESTGUMP said:

Forest, you need to just go over to G0 Vets and get it over with. You would have been PERFECT for Larenzo back in the 80's.

atrdriver said:
In defence of LJ, while I certainly don't agree with where she and Joe are going now, the best times this pilot group ever had was when DW was VP of flight ops, and she and CS were CPs.

Granted DW was great for the pilot group, and CS was an OK CP, but LJ was way too lax on discipline. LJ was more interested in being 'loved' & 'popular', as though she were in HS.

I think during the time you are talking about was right after the 98 TA was signed and SrVP Paquette was still here. He was one senor mgt person that actually came out on the airport and observed what really was going on, and discovered that the fault for the screwed up operation wasn't the pilots fault. He deserves more credit other than DW for those times.

Sadly, it's returned to a f*#ked-up operation now, and getting worse. BL used to be in charge of the ATL ramp, never really did anything in that position, then was promoted over to the G/O, and then took over when SB left. All SB was interested in was promoting SB, and getting his picture published to impress Delta, where he came from. Ex-Delta managers running ASA has been very detrimental to ASA. Will JA ever discover this, and start canning some of these clowns?

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Latest resources

Back