• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest ASA offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:DJetplane, this thread can go whereever.....AS LONG as you keep those AVATARS COMING!!!! Lord Have MERCY!!!!!!!

COOPERVANE said:
Surely it would be the same system. It would make NO sense to buy a different piece of software.

I fear PBS WILL come weather we like it or not, it seems to be the industry standard.

The company now seems to want to cram it down our throat in a hurry just to get this deal done. They hope we won't look at it closely.

Do you like your current vacation options? With PBS if you have 7 days off then you get 7 DAYS. PERIOD!! Unlike DUHANGELO, I like being able to turn 7 days off into 17. With PBS you can't do it anymore

Have fun with that
\

Yes you can. PB is an awesome system. You just want to make sure of 2 things. #1-You get something for agreeing to it (Remember, this will make scheduling more efficient for the company). #2-Implement during a period of "hiring". You'll get addicted to it real fast.

Ironspud:

Most of us like efficient scheduling. Why is this bad for pilots, other than the aforementioned loss of days off around your vacation?

~~~^~~~ said:
Ironspud:

Most of us like efficient scheduling. Why is this bad for pilots, other than the aforementioned loss of days off around your vacation?

Talk to the SKW guys about the PBS they have. They hate it. There are good and bad PBS out there and the good ones seem to be too expensive for ASA.

I'm at Skywest and I love PBS. Sitting about 50% in the domicile and holding 3 day trips, weekends off, 87hrs credit, 18 days off. Am I supposed to complain about this? Have had similar schedules since we went to PBS with similar seniority.

I think the people that are complaining either haven't quite got the system figured out yet (not that I'm that enlightened-there are lots of traps), or they have unrealistic expectations. I keep the bid simple and don't get greedy beyond what my seniority can hold. PBS rocks in my books, but if you get overly ambitious with your bid, it will bite you hard and fast.

Go Around- Bad policy asking us to talk to SKYW pilots about anything. SKYW pilots are making more than ASA pilots. On the W2 I get the hourly is different.
SKYW pilots have better work rules.
Now you just discovered that a good chunk of them like pref. bidding.
NOT A GOOD UNION SELL

I have been listening to two debates. 1 dual qual the other pref. bid.

Here is my take. The group most up in arms is scared of dual qual because it is hard to teach an old dog two tricks (if you catch my drift)
The same group is usually not the best at figuring out computers.

The young "inexperienced" 500 hour wonders you all complain about will have no problem picking up two aircraft and figuring out pref. bidding. Which is why the Union better fight hard to make sure these things don't happen.

Crash Pad said:
Go Around- Bad policy asking us to talk to SKYW pilots about anything. SKYW pilots are making more than ASA pilots. On the W2 I get the hourly is different.
SKYW pilots have better work rules.
Now you just discovered that a good chunk of them like pref. bidding.
NOT A GOOD UNION SELL

I have been listening to two debates. 1 dual qual the other pref. bid.

Here is my take. The group most up in arms is scared of dual qual because it is hard to teach an old dog two tricks (if you catch my drift)
The same group is usually not the best at figuring out computers.

The young "inexperienced" 500 hour wonders you all complain about will have no problem picking up two aircraft and figuring out pref. bidding. Which is why the Union better fight hard to make sure these things don't happen.
I have talked to several SkyWest pilots and flight attendants and almost all of them have said they like PBS. It just takes learning the system to make it work well.

Rather than try to talk them into joining ALPA, why don't we (ASA) get rid of ALPA and take their (SkyW) working agreement. We would immediatly make more money and have better QOL than we have now. Plus, we would stop lining the pockets of our useless union.

If you're not able to dual qualify on other planes, maybe you should not be flying anyway....just a thought.

FORESTGUMP said:
I have talked to several SkyWest pilots and flight attendants and almost all of them have said they like PBS. It just takes learning the system to make it work well.

Rather than try to talk them into joining ALPA, why don't we (ASA) get rid of ALPA and take their (SkyW) working agreement. We would immediatly make more money and have better QOL than we have now. Plus, we would stop lining the pockets of our useless union.

If you're not able to dual qualify on other planes, maybe you should not be flying anyway....just a thought.

Did you ever think that the SkyWest pilots had no choice about either PBS or Dual Qualification. Why don't you apply at SkyWest? You sound like you would fit right in.

As for the older pilots do you think that you would have rather had a younger Captain flying the United DC-10 in Sioux City, Iowa, July 19, 1989, than Al Haynes if you were sitting in the back? A former ASA Captain was in the back on a dead head and walked away from the accident. He had the skill and wisdom to say that no one should have lived but for the grace of God and Captain Al Haynes. There still has been no one to fly the sim and successfully place the aircraft on the runway. Even the hot shXt young IP's that think they can walk on water! When you get older you will probably marvel at how much you have learned in a few short years. Experience takes over when your mouth and ego can't.

FORESTGUMP said:

Sorry but i have talked to several who hate it.

Take the Skywest working agreement huh? There is no such document. A working agreement is an agreement. An agreement requires two or more parties. Skywest has no such thing. You have a policy manual that can be written and rewritten at managements whim and there is nothing you can do about it.

Stop trying to make your policy manual into something it is not. Tell me this. When management decides they will take your pay, or fire you, who is going to grieve it and arbitrate it? Oh i forgot, you cant, and you cant sue either because there is no contract. Your just plain screwed. Buuuut a union wont help you...nahhhh

ASARJMan said:
Voice is LJ, older gf of Joe Merchant. Voice of Reason, geez, the crap she has done in her years here. Sorriest CP we ever had too btw, catered to the young pilots who stroked her ego.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

In defence of LJ, while I certainly don't agree with where she and Joe are going now, the best times this pilot group ever had was when DW was VP of flight ops, and she and CS were CPs.

Latest resources

Back