Lateral Move???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Latteral from CA Rj to FO CS?

As a new Capt in a Rj with less then 1000 PIC, and a training contract hanging over my head. It's hard to jumpship at the moment when more opportunities might arise in a couple years. Thinking in two years, I could be really happy, or wish I waited for the "oportun moment" as Jack Sparrow said.

Or age 65 could take effect and lock you at the regionals for an extra 5 years that would be plenty of time to upgrade and be pulling in over 100k a year at NetJets. You could hang out until you get the 1000 hours pic and then leave. NJA has guys leaving for SouthWest, Fedex, and UPS, though the vast majority has no intentions of leaving for anywhere else. I was an RJ captain at one of the crummier regionals and even that outfit didn't have training contracts. I know another guy from there who quit for NJA almost instantly after upgrading. Good luck whatever you decide, but be aware of what age 65 has the potential to do to your career.

Thats encouraging to hear, thanks. I would love to work and live near home. From a professional point of view I should finish my training contract and log 1000 PIC Jet before making another move. Really hope the next one is the last one. Your right in the future is uncertin that's why I need a real resume before I jump ship.

Thats encouraging to hear, thanks. I would love to work and live near home. From a professional point of view I should finish my training contract and log 1000 PIC Jet before making another move. Really hope the next one is the last one. Your right in the future is uncertin that's why I need a real resume before I jump ship.

I was told going from a regional to a fractional is a lateral move. i was told you lose all travel benefits in exchange for a better pay check..What do you guys think? And what are the pros and cons for this move?

That...yes...that is the funniest thing I have ever read... IN MY LIFE !

Get the hell out of that pile of steaming ass-nuggets they call the REGIONALS.

Latest resources

Back