• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lateral Move???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the year 2006 I was on 5th year pay for part of the year and 6th year pay for the rest. My W-2 shows $137k and change. Yes, this included the second 40% of my bonus ($16,000), so that would leave a pre-bonus income of $121k. .

Holy Crap. I was on yr 7/8. What am I doing wrong? You must have been on the reserve all year. Ocaro? And i was working my butt off in the X most of the year.

Thanks RNO, I appreciate the help.

Actually MileHigh, I went and looked at my pay stubs from last year. 10% is more the rule for the POS 400. Hard to get OT, except when American screwed me at ORD, with the companies help. Plane sits a lot so hard to get the OT, expect for some first day under time.

Holy Crap. I was on yr 7/8. What am I doing wrong? You must have been on the reserve all year. Ocaro? And i was working my butt off in the X most of the year.

Actually 7/7, and due to my HBA I started nearly every tour well prior to 0800. Most day-1's were an extra $300-$500 (approx. $8000) Also an extra $3600 for dual aircraft. I think I had 2 unrealistic after midnights and worked 5 holidays (approx $6800). Thats $18,400 in extras right there.

I assumed that percentage-wise other fleets would be similar or at least average 20% over base with normal overtime, etc. Some must have done even better than 30% as I didn't apply for or receive any extended days.

Last edited:
I flew a tour with an Ultra/Encore guy that did nothing but extend as much as he could. I think his average was something like 25 days a month worked. Said he cleared close to $250,000 last year but admittedly had no life. I believe he was on year 7 pay and obviously on reserve. This is obviously not typical but I guess its nice to know that it can be done.

Latest resources

Back