Kunpeng Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ding, Ding, Ding!!!

Award goes to Road Rash for actually having a take in the Jungle.....Rest of you are LOSERS!!! Excepted,of course, the few of you that actually added useful information which is very rare in the Jungle.

Swordfish,

I am wondering, am I a loser for pointing out that this jungle contract pays an average $20,000 to $40,000 per year less than other contracts out there?

Kunpeng/Mesa is lowering the bar for those of us that enjoy the benefits of working globally.

Swordfish,

I am wondering, am I a loser for pointing out that this jungle contract pays an average $20,000 to $40,000 per year less than other contracts out there?

Kunpeng/Mesa is lowering the bar for those of us that enjoy the benefits of working globally.

Last edited:
Tyuwerty,

The pay for this job is lower because of the considerable less experience required. The problem I have with your attitude is that some guys want opportunities to get contract work overseas. This allows them an opportunity with a bit less experience than other jobs (naturally paying better) require. Guys can work for two years for this company, gain experience and then advance to the better paying job...sort of how the real world works out there.

Swordfish.

Last edited:
Swordfish,

absolutely not. if only one pilot changed his mind and got a higher paying job after seeing your post, then it was well worth it.

Tyuwerty,

The pay for this job is lower because of the considerable less experience required. The problem I have with your attitude is that some guys want opportunities to get contract work overseas. This allows them an opportunity with a bit less experience than other jobs (naturally paying better) require. Guys can work for two years for this company, gain experience and then advance to the better paying job...sort of how the real world works out there.

Swordfish.

That my friend, is the exact reason why everyone despises MESA.

They have lowered their requirements and lowered the pay. That in turn puts downward pressure on the contract rates that pilots can get with the required experience.

This company helped to lower the bar in the USA, they are now exporting to the world.

Those of you out there that havent figured it out..

More Experience= More Pay

Less Experience= Less Pay

How the hell do you all think the regionals survive.

Those of you out there that havent figured it out..

More Experience= More Pay

Less Experience= Less Pay

How the hell do you all think the regionals survive.

wow.. most of the industry must not have figured it out yet... it seems that most pay is based on aircraft size, not experience.

imagine the possibilities if companies could dictate pay based on a multi-variable, moving target like "experience".

how the hell do those regionals survive that pay higher salaries for the same aircraft? maybe as experience goes up, CASM goes down?

Last edited:
Swordfish, this is not whining, it is an attempt to educate people about the realities of contract flying. I don't understand why pilots from the USA sell themselves short in the global contract market. They have premium training and experience gathered in a developed nation that is then sold to the lowest bidder.

These companies hire expats because they are DESPERATE, not because they like Westerners. When people say NO to these contracts, the terms and conditions tend to improve rapidly.

People need to keep in mind, when looking at contracts, once the host country can fill the seats with their own nationals, you are gone.

You need to be paid a premium for the lack of job security as well as the knowledge you are imparting.

Accepting these poor contract rates, the pilots of Kungpow are shooting themselves in the foot by lowering the pay for themselves and others down the road.

OHH yeah deja-vu, seen this before.

The regionals in the USA survive because of people that jump to undercut everyone else (gojet/mesa).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back