• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kunpeng Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard Air China is hiring us citizens for the 74. You can be based in JFK and minimum of 14 days off a month. Anyone confirm this or know anymore info? or where I could go to find out more?

Thanks for the quick reply, do you know anyone at any of these companies?

Yes, I know people at both companies.

I don't know your times so I will just write down their mins:

Saudia = Only looking for Capts. Type preffered. 4500TT, 3000 on aircraft over 20,000Lbs. (They say 45,000 KG but will lower it.)

NAS = Capt, type preffered. 1500 hours jet PIC.

FO = EMB 170/190 experience.

NAS has a corp division/fractional, it is also a new airline based in RUH/DMM. The airline has several A320's, with orders for EMB 190's. They have wet leased a bunch of 320's/737's to cover their lift while they get crews and aircraft of their own.

WWW.FLYNAS.COM

I rarely come to flightinfo, so when I was cruising through and found something on Kunpeng I was a little surprised. I was one of the first captains to take the job, I was a CRJ captain at Mesa and was looking for something else (like most Mesa pilots). Wasinc started recruiting me last summer, and did not know that much about them or the operation for that matter. I had a friend who flew for JAL, and was hired through Wasinc and he gave me the skinny on the Company (Wasinc) and I must say they are probably the best people I have every worked for, but then again I just came from Mesa. Mesa really has nothing to do with this operation other than a few people that have been brought over to help out. Shenzhen Airlines are the ones running the show.

The money mentioned above is on the mark, we make 110,500 per year if you figure in all the stuff. Living expense is 1200 per month, witch is paid in RMB, and the rest of our salary is deposited into a Hong Kong bank account. I will have a tax accountant go over all my options, but I'm pretty sure I will be paying very little on my 2008 taxes. I know there are other contract jobs out there, but this is my first venture into this side of the business. I must say it is very different from having seniority and all the bennies that go with working for a U.S. carrier.

Right now we have four CRJ-200, ex mesa pieces of poop... we take delivery of the fifth and final one sometime next month. I'm May we should start seeing the first EMB-190 show up. I don’t know how it will all play out yet, but there is about 5 captains that came over initially for the CRJ, and they are talking about giving us a free 190 type.

Like I said, I have no idea what will happen from here, witch is why this job is not for every one. Living in China is actually kinda cool. I live in Xian, which is one of the oldest cities in China. People here are really cool, they have seen very little foreigners here in Xian. Rent here is around five to six hundred U.S. dollars per month. Me and one of the other guys decided to rent a place together and my total monthly living expense is some where around 350 bucks a month. That will change of course if we have to change cities, but even if I decide to get a villa down in Shenzhen, I’m still looking at about 1400 per month.

One last thing, I came over here just because I know that Asia is getting ready to explode with growth, and I wanted to get in early on that. There will be many new opportunities over here in the next few years because of it. I actually plan to be at Kunpeng for two years then take the opportunity over at Shenhzen to fly the 73 for a few years..

Good luck to all, and hope this helps

Latest resources

Back