• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

KTEB departures and delays

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have never heard of anyone requesting it. When you call clearance, they ask if you can accept it. I would assume if you say no, then you'll be sitting there awhile.
When I flew at AirNet I would always use the Dalton when ever I could. Not only was it faster to depart from 19... also avoided the quiet zones... There are many advantages to use the Dalton departure. You just better not bust your altitude on it. 1300' comes fast....

Be careful with FRG Friday thru Sunday as an alternative.

It is definately better than the alternative but you can get caught up in some delays there too. FRG has to coordinate it's IFR departures with JFK. When JFK is busy they don't pick up the phone and noone is going anywhere (especially on low IFR days).

If you truly want to beat the atc type delays KISP is always going to be a better choice (however the drive to Manhatten is an extra 20 mins longer).

Guys (and gals),

I've said it before and will say it again - Islip is getting to be a highly preferred airport when travels have you coming to NYC. Yes, the ride to downtown is a bit longer mileage wise, but if you're stuck in the Lincoln Tunnel during rush hour breathing in those lovely Diesel fumes, you pray for another solution.

Drive time outside rush hour times is approx. 60 minutes to the Midtown Tunnel, 5 - 10 minutes away from Times Square; during rush hour you're probably looking at another 30 minutes. How long is the commute from downtown London to Luton or Stansted - exactly - I rest my case!!

ISP is outside Class B Airspace, so the airport is not affected by delays at any of the other NYC airports - the airport has no landing fees, slots, curfews, and has some of the cheapest Jet-A in the general NY area.

Feel free to PM me for some good pointers if you're looking at ISP - it's well worth a try.

Guys (and gals),

I've said it before and will say it again - Islip is getting to be a highly preferred airport when travels have you coming to NYC. Yes, the ride to downtown is a bit longer mileage wise, but if you're stuck in the Lincoln Tunnel during rush hour breathing in those lovely Diesel fumes, you pray for another solution.

Drive time outside rush hour times is approx. 60 minutes to the Midtown Tunnel, 5 - 10 minutes away from Times Square; during rush hour you're probably looking at another 30 minutes. How long is the commute from downtown London to Luton or Stansted - exactly - I rest my case!!

ISP is outside Class B Airspace, so the airport is not affected by delays at any of the other NYC airports - the airport has no landing fees, slots, curfews, and has some of the cheapest Jet-A in the general NY area.

Feel free to PM me for some good pointers if you're looking at ISP - it's well worth a try.
We just used ISP this week, and it was a great alternative. No delays when the rest of the metro area was looking at hours of ground stops.

FRG to NYC will cost you a good 1 hour and no less, with NO TRAFFIC. I'd plan on closer to 1.5 hrs. driving.

Like the other guy said, tag on an extra 20 minutes for ISP.

We just used ISP this week, and it was a great alternative. No delays when the rest of the metro area was looking at hours of ground stops.

Arrival delays are also very rare. While all other local NYC traffic is holding, ISP traffic goes straight in. Great alternative.

Arrival delays are also very rare. While all other local NYC traffic is holding, ISP traffic goes straight in. Great alternative.

ExcelAire has a brand new FBO there - beautiful place with a real family atmosphere when it comes to service. And they don't charge parking or RON fees!

Have you considered flying in Binghampton and driving in from there? Very few if any delays there.

It is only a 3 hour drive ... but you will not get any delays ...

Have you considered flying in Binghampton and driving in from there? Very few if any delays there.

It is only a 3 hour drive ... but you will not get any delays ...

It's actually closer to 4 hours - used to drive all the time it when one of my sons went to SUNY Binghampton :).

Oh, and yeah, there were always delays at the George Washington Bridge - not the case when going to ISP!!

If you're driving a MOPED!!!!!!

I beg to differ. I've made that journey plenty and if you think you're getin to midtown (even with the MT tunnel - no less) out of FRG inside an hour you are smokin crack.

The Belt, Wyck, NS or the LIE. Choose your poison.

Now maybe if youre driving at a very early or late hour you might have better luck. But on avg. plan on closer to 1.5 out of FRG.

Latest resources

Back