• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

KTEB departures and delays

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ExcelAire has a brand new FBO there - beautiful place with a real family atmosphere when it comes to service. And they don't charge parking or RON fees!

NY Jet is also very good. The only one to stay away from is Sheltair.

As for the drive from FRG or ISP, I always give myself 2 hrs.

I used ISP the other day and my boss told me it took him 3 hours to get to the upper east side.

I can't imagine why in the world a non-based person would use ISP over TEB or HPN for NYC...

There's a reason TEB is crowded - LOCATION.

drive from isp

moral...

If you are going to use ISP (which will help a lot on your arrival/departure delays) be aware of the time you are arriving. If you come during rush hours than you will have to factor in for a good bit of traffic. However, if it's not 7-9 am or 5-7 pm the ride really isn't that bad. Also, be wary of Fridays and Sundays in the summertime...the traffic going out to the Hamptons can be something.

On high auto traffic times you'd probably be better with TEB or HPN.

The people were good, but other than that, I didn't find NY Jet to be a "very good" FBO at all. Tiny crew room, even tinier flight planning room, and a coin-operated coffee machine at an FBO?? :erm:

They make do with what room they have. And the coin-operated coffee machine is a joke.

Next time bring your coffee pots up to the front and ask for coffee. Be sure and fill your cup at the front desk out of your aircraft pots.

Can you say "Long Island Expressway" boys and girls? It can indeed be a miserable sedan ride from ISP (or FRG) to midtown.

During peak traffic, the best route from LI to NYC is via the LIRR! It's about an hour ride, but at least there's a definite schedule.

Latest resources

Back