• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

King Air Single Pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 350 can be flown single-pilot with no more than 9 pax, no such limit on the 300. The 300 I flew had 10 pax seats, some can accomodate 14 but I've not seen one. 300's faster, too.

AcroTim said:
Exactly! Part 23 is certification for Nontransport Category Aircraft. That was my point.
You didn't mention anything about the insurance requirement. Insurance companies are hitting the pilot pool hard on the 350 & 300's wanting two pilots up front...and it's coming down to 200's & 90's. I am seeing advertised jobs wanting two pilots in front of the smaller ones.

Fed's make the rules. Insurance Companies run aviation. :(

Exp. KA Pilot Avail.: Corp. or charter; contract/full/part-time

ATP, 1st Class Med. BE-300 single-pilot type rating, FlightSafety trained. Experience in KA 350/200/90 (Corporate & Frax), 1700+ hours. 9900+ accident-/incident-free career flying hours. U.S. Passport, FCC RRTOP. email: [email protected].

What StaticWick said. Insurance Insurance Insurance. We run our 200 with 2. The all-knowing aircraft salesman will tell you different. He also thinks that the 200 can do 292 TAS.

King Air single pilot

Max t/o in the B1900D is 17,120 and you can get a single pilot type for that as well. The 1900D is certified under Part 23 though so I'm sure that helps.

On a side note, the original 500 series Citations are certified under Part 25 but an STC can be done to allow single pilot operations without a waiver. I think the criteria is that you have to have a transponder ident button on the yoke, and boom mic and something else. Anyways. Theoretically you could get in any 200 on the ramp and fly it without any prior training.

Strakes said:
What StaticWick said. Insurance Insurance Insurance. We run our 200 with 2. The all-knowing aircraft salesman will tell you different. He also thinks that the 200 can do 292 TAS.
I used to fly one that would do 290+ all day long...ya just have to pick one that was built on a Wednesday, instead of one built on a Monday or Friday ;)

Fly safe!

David

Latest resources

Back