King Air Single Pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smash312

Quick question......I know the C90 is a single pilot aircraft, but someone I was talking to today was telling me that the King Air 200 and King Air 350 are NOT single pilot aircraft. I for some reason think otherwise. Can someone please fill me in with whether the 200 and 350 are single pilot or not?

Thanks.

Smash312 said:
Quick question......I know the C90 is a single pilot aircraft, but someone I was talking to today was telling me that the King Air 200 and King Air 350 are NOT single pilot aircraft. I for some reason think otherwise. Can someone please fill me in with whether the 200 and 350 are single pilot or not?

Thanks.

Depending on the type of operation and number of people carried onboard, the 300 or 350 may or may not be flown single pilot. I'm fairly certain the same is true for the 200, but I could be wrong.

Hope this helps, sorry I don't have more details - I leave for 350 school on 24 April.

-TG

The 200 is normal category airplane so a SIC is not required per the FARs/FAA. The MTOW for a civilian 200 is 12500 - funny how they came up with that number eh? The military operates some 200's over that weight and you can obtain a BE20 type rating but it won't do you any good in the civilian world. Many operators use two pilots for insurance reasons and/or safety. The 300 & 350 are certificated under the transport category due to a MTOW >12500 and therefore require a qualifed SIC unless the pilot has taken a single-pilot type ride and has a "No SIC Required" endorsement on his certificate.

sydeseet said:
The 200 is normal category airplane so a SIC is not required per the FARs/FAA. The MTOW for a civilian 200 is 12500 - funny how they came up with that number eh? The military operates some 200's over that weight and you can obtain a BE20 type rating but it won't do you any good in the civilian world. Many operators use two pilots for insurance reasons and/or safety. The 300 & 350 are certificated under the transport category due to a MTOW >12500 and therefore require a qualifed SIC unless the pilot has taken a single-pilot type ride and has a "No SIC Required" endorsement on his certificate.

You know your stuff dude! All of that is correct.

Just a small correction... if you get a crew type rating in BE-300 (King Air 300 and 350), under limitations, you'll have BE-300 SIC Required. If you do single pilot type rating, there are no limitations on your license.

Fly High said:
You know your stuff dude! All of that is correct.

...or not :blush:

Freight Dog is correct :cool:

I'm flying a 350 single pilot, and did my checkride as such. Not a big issue, especially since we got a new one w/ the Proline panel in it. Makes single pilot ops much easier in my opinion (once you decode it, that is...).

Freight Dog said:
Just a small correction... if you get a crew type rating in BE-300 (King Air 300 and 350), under limitations, you'll have BE-300 SIC Required. If you do single pilot type rating, there are no limitations on your license.

DOH!! You're right!! I am without either rating so I was trying to remember what I have seen on other ATP certificates.

I stand corrected.:erm:

sydeseet said:
The 300 & 350 are certificated under the transport category due to a MTOW >12500 and therefore require a qualifed SIC unless the pilot has taken a single-pilot type ride and has a "No SIC Required" endorsement on his certificate.
That is actually incorrect too. The 300 is certified under SFAR 41 and the 350 is certified as a Part 23 Commuter. Just because the aircraft is over 12500 MTOGW does not warrant Part 25 certification. Beech decides what type certificate they want to attempt to get for the airplane. However, all models of King Airs are certified for single pilot on the type certificate. Operational requirements can be a different ball game.

Latest resources

Back