KeyFlite Nashua

shamrock

Total Time
1 year
Is KeyFlite Academy at ASH still around?

I did some training there back in 1998-1999 and I'm just curious. Couldn't find anything on the internet and their old website goes nowhere.

wheelsup

Non-Registered User
Total Time
>1
They went belly up. I finished my private with them in summer of 2000, I had Steve (can't remember his last name) and then Zoli Retey when steve was hired by BisEx.

I think the owner cleaned out the coffers and left his wife to run the show - which didn't happen for long. Even in 2000 they were charging like $99/hr for an old model 172.

~wheelsup

Groundpounder

Total Time
Enough
wheelsup said:
They went belly up. I finished my private with them in summer of 2000, I had Steve (can't remember his last name) and then Zoli Retey when steve was hired by BisEx.

I think the owner cleaned out the coffers and left his wife to run the show - which didn't happen for long. Even in 2000 they were charging like $99/hr for an old model 172.

~wheelsup
Zoli went to work at Air Direct, and I did my SE Comm and most of my ME Comm with him. Great guy, but halfway through my ME he decided to get out of aviation and build houses. Guess he was burnt out.

shamrock

Total Time
1 year
Groundpounder said:
Zoli went to work at Air Direct, and I did my SE Comm and most of my ME Comm with him. Great guy, but halfway through my ME he decided to get out of aviation and build houses. Guess he was burnt out.
Zoli was working on his ratings with the same instructor I was with when I was there. I think we did Gene's CFI groundschool together, but I'm not sure.

Nothing like doing flight training in New Hampshire in the middle of winter. I distinctly remember flying the Duchess around with the heater broken. Never again! We had decided to work on some slow flight on our way back to the airport that day. That lasted about 30 seconds. I thought my feet were going to shatter when I jumped off the wing back at the airport.

I was most interested in their website because they used to have an update page that told where some of their students had gone. I was curious.

Groundpounder

Total Time
Enough
I was working at Keyson FBO for a little while in 99, I'm sure we know a few of the same people.

BE200Driver

Total Time
I'm from Nashua (well Merrimack) originally. Anyone know where VanSleet is these days?

Groundpounder

Total Time
Enough
Working for Alpha Flying out of MHT as a IOE Captain.

I was born and spent most of my life in Litchfield.

BE200Driver

Total Time
Where are you now-a-days Pounder?

BE200Driver

Total Time
Good deal. I got out of NH in '99. Here in Raleigh now. We get down your way every now and then. I'll have to get the FBO info out of you next time down.

BE200Driver

Total Time
He!! Groundpounder, do you remember a "SUBARU" CJ that used to go into Keyson when you were there?

Groundpounder

Total Time
Enough
Yup, I do, and I remember the crazy commercials the guy that owned it used to make!

They have a Sovergien (ack I can't spell, you know, a C680) and they came through down here last winter.

Oh, and I only worked at Keyson for about three months. I worked at Stead/Wiggins @ MHT for about ten years, minus those three months.

BE200Driver

Total Time
I was at Stead in '93-94. Working Line.

I was one of the CJ pilots for a while for Mr. B. who passed away not too long ago.

Groundpounder

Total Time
Enough
I started at Stead in March of 95.

I didn't hear that he died, always enjoyed the commercials with the Llama, or his catch phrase, Come on down!!

BE200Driver

Total Time
Yeah I was in the Air Force by that point. Ironic that after I got out of the AF I went to work for Steve L. at Jet in Bedford. I was supprised when I learned I'd be working for him again 5 years later.

BE200Driver

Total Time
LOL, We used to take him to the Vinyard every weekend where he had his Llama farm. Did it as a tax write off as it was a wildlife sanctuary.

Groundpounder

Total Time
Enough
He is still at Wiggins, never really liked him a whole lot. Did you know Bruce I.?

BE200Driver

Total Time
May have, How about Jim P.?

Groundpounder

Total Time
Enough
He is long gone, no one else liked him, but I thought he was ok, and he gave me a chance working line when everyone else thought I was too young.

Most of the guys that were Management at Stead either left or got fired when Wiggins took over.

Oh, Bruce I. was 2nd shift supervisor when I started there, he now flys a G4 out of MHT

BE200Driver

Total Time
So you were there when Harry and Bill passed on huh?

Also, there was a guy named Kevin something or other worked nights way back when. airline cleaning. Any bells?

How abot Gustavo?

Last edited: