KeyFlite Nashua

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BE200Driver said:
So you were there when Harry and Bill passed on huh?

Yes, I was. I never really knew Bill, but Harry gave me my first headset for free, which I still have. Not sure if you knew Ken A., worked back in Accounting. He gave me my first airplane ride when I was 6 or so, and helped me get the job at Stead. He passed away 97 or so. 45 years old, just had a kid with another on the way......

BE200Driver said:
Also, there was a guy named Kevin something or other worked nights way back when. airline cleaning. Any bells?

How abot Gustavo?

Kevin H., right? He is also at Alpha, last I knew.

GUS!!!!!!! Were you there when he 'borrowed' the rental car for 6 months, and only got caught after he crashed it? That was before my time, but he came back and was working there part time for a while when I was there.

Yeah I knew Ken. I had been going there since my dad was flying a Lance out of ASH as his first "corporate" job. Used to do the weekend, park on Stead ramp walk to the Terminal and do lunch and watch the Delta DC9 one a day arrival & departure. I love going up there as a kid. Ed would always let me sit in the Vampire. It isn't what it once was.

Harry and Ken were good friends of my family and I worked for Bill B. the whole time I was there. Great guy. "Let's go out and milk 'em" LOL.

And now with Checkride Charlie gone MHT will never be the same as the good ol' days.

Didn't know that about Gus. LOL was he a prison guard still when you were there?

Also, a lady who worked the line, I think it was Kathy? And Eric behind the counter? Any more bells?

Nope, not at all. I did my private and IFR with Charlie, and I am thankful for that. Its amazing how many of those 'old timers' have passed on. Not sure if you knew a guy named Lou that used to hang out at Stead all the time, was good friends with Ed Stead. He passed on a few years ago, and one of the other airport bums, Don S. (who was also my CFI for my private) committed suicide a few months ago.

BE200Driver said:
Didn't know that about Gus. LOL was he a prison guard still when you were there?

Also, a lady who worked the line, I think it was Kathy? And Eric behind the counter? Any more bells?

Yeah, Gus was a prison guard part time when he was there. I knew Kathy, but can't say I rememeber Eric. The only guy I knew that worked behind the desk was Ted.

Don rings a bell. I miss Charlie. Hell, my dad still tells me how Charlie was a great oldtimer back in the early 70's. lol

Yep, I was in there at the tail end of the good ol' days, before it transformed from a GA airport with some airline service, to an airline airport that puts up with some GA airplanes.

Well, that was a nice trip down memory lane, brought back lots of bittersweet memories. Let me know if you come down this way.

Good old Ted.

It was Erin not Eric, sorry. She was a Blonde who worked weekends at the counter.

Will do, Take it easy.

Latest resources

Back