KeyFlite Nashua

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shamrock

Is KeyFlite Academy at ASH still around?

I did some training there back in 1998-1999 and I'm just curious. Couldn't find anything on the internet and their old website goes nowhere.

They went belly up. I finished my private with them in summer of 2000, I had Steve (can't remember his last name) and then Zoli Retey when steve was hired by BisEx.

I think the owner cleaned out the coffers and left his wife to run the show - which didn't happen for long. Even in 2000 they were charging like $99/hr for an old model 172.

~wheelsup

wheelsup said:
They went belly up. I finished my private with them in summer of 2000, I had Steve (can't remember his last name) and then Zoli Retey when steve was hired by BisEx.

I think the owner cleaned out the coffers and left his wife to run the show - which didn't happen for long. Even in 2000 they were charging like $99/hr for an old model 172.

~wheelsup

Zoli went to work at Air Direct, and I did my SE Comm and most of my ME Comm with him. Great guy, but halfway through my ME he decided to get out of aviation and build houses. Guess he was burnt out.

Groundpounder said:
Zoli went to work at Air Direct, and I did my SE Comm and most of my ME Comm with him. Great guy, but halfway through my ME he decided to get out of aviation and build houses. Guess he was burnt out.

Zoli was working on his ratings with the same instructor I was with when I was there. I think we did Gene's CFI groundschool together, but I'm not sure.

Nothing like doing flight training in New Hampshire in the middle of winter. I distinctly remember flying the Duchess around with the heater broken. Never again! We had decided to work on some slow flight on our way back to the airport that day. That lasted about 30 seconds. I thought my feet were going to shatter when I jumped off the wing back at the airport.

I was most interested in their website because they used to have an update page that told where some of their students had gone. I was curious.

I'm from Nashua (well Merrimack) originally. Anyone know where VanSleet is these days?

Where are you now-a-days Pounder?

Good deal. I got out of NH in '99. Here in Raleigh now. We get down your way every now and then. I'll have to get the FBO info out of you next time down.

Latest resources

Back