Kenn Ricci Wants to Bring Back SFO Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

petebest

A buddy of mine at Flight Options says he heard that the company wants to leave the pilot pay scale exactly as it is, but bring back the Senior Flight Officer program. This would: 1.) Ensure that the majority of line pilots at Flops would continue to be the lowest paid in the industry for the duration of the contract, and 2.) Reward those who would rat out their fellow pilots to management for extra pay. I hope this isn't true.

The Senior Flight Officer program, A.K.A. the union buster. The origin of the program I was told, was to keep the union out. Because a select few at the top that were well taken care of, would never vote the union in.

Well, the union is here, and the SFO program is a dead concept because the only pilots that are left are all senior flight officers.

He may want to bring back the SFO program, but I don't see it happening while the 1108 is on property.

SFO Program- Fool me once, shame on you fool me twice, uhmmm... :smash:

Of course it is on the table. It is now one more line item in the economics portion of the negotiations - in favor of the company. If WE don't want the program, then WE'LL have to be willing to negotiate it out. What are WE willing to give up in exchange for taking it off the table? This is just another negotiating tactic, much the same as taking away our 401(k) match and making us negotiate to get it back.

from what I hear Ricci is working very hard to get rid of the union..Even going as far as shutting the company down for a day and reopening up under a different name. much like his friend Pinkas did with Jet Direct. (Yes I know Jet direct did not have a union)..But he got out of paying and rehiring any employess he wanted to and all court judgements by doing that.

from what I hear Ricci is working very hard to get rid of the union..Even going as far as shutting the company down for a day and reopening up under a different name. much like his friend Pinkas did with Jet Direct. (Yes I know Jet direct did not have a union)..But he got out of paying and rehiring any employess he wanted to and all court judgements by doing that.

Unless he's going to hire and have a bunch of pilots trained prior to doing so, this will be way more than a one day shutdown. Even if he goes this route, the newly hired pilots will have to undergo IOE and most of the current Check Airmen will not do IOE's with these replacements knowing that FLOPS pilots are on the street....not to mention that the line pilots will start grounding airplanes as soon as word of these IOE's spreads.

Otherwise, if Ricci thinks that FLOPS' current pilot group will just go along with a shutdown, name change and continue as if nothing happened the next day, he's got a big surprise coming....the least of which being pissed off owners due to the ensuing mass of write-ups and sick calls.

Last edited:
Yes that will sell some shares. Let's take this fight to the public forum and see how well flops weathers that storm. Time for the good will gestures the pilots have displayed to vaporize. This is an aviation management company, the koolaide drinkers need to figure out that it takes PILOTS to run the business. Time to shut this beast down for good.

Man I feel for those that are left at that $hithole. I was there for a short time before getting furloughed and can't be happier.. .good luck dealing with the new/old/new savior.... RICCI, what a scumbag- A$$HOLE

SFOs.. enjoy flying your touched-up RJ. Afterall, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still an RJ!

p.s. you know how i will be casting my vote!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back