Katrina updates...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks...scary stuff.

Does anyone know how the mandatory evacuation of New Orleans is going? I hope that everyone on the coast heads inland, and fast. Don't try to ride this one out. Property can be replaced, you can't.

Flying Illini said:
Thanks...scary stuff.

Does anyone know how the mandatory evacuation of New Orleans is going? I hope that everyone on the coast heads inland, and fast. Don't try to ride this one out. Property can be replaced, you can't.

I am watching the evacuation on Fox news. Bumper to bumper getting out of the city.

If there is a mandatory evac going on for the whole city then why dont they open up roads going into New Orleans to help get the traffic flow out of the city?

Flying Illini said:
Thanks...scary stuff.

I-10 is apparently inching along, but at least there is movement. They're still trying to get people out of there though. There's now talk of possible 200 MPH SUSTAINED wind gusting to 230 MPH at landfall. Several wind buoys in the ocean have already been wiped out.

viper548 said:
any chance this thing can turn south?

No. The best possible scenario right now is for it to stop its NW motion and go straight north. At least that way New Orleans will not get the worst of the right quadrant winds.

Great site. Added that to my list. I am watching all night, and will get out if it comes East toward Pensacola.

Here are a few more if you like:

http://www.boatus.com/hurricanes/tracking.asp

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/145105.shtml?5day

Also, if you do a photo search on wunderground for mudkow60, you can see my pics.

Good luck to all in the path of this bastard (bit*h).

wrx.. where did you hear the reports of 200 mph winds? Never heard such a thing, unless you are talking about a storm on Jupiter.

Just watched some of the news, those that can't make it out of the city are all going to the Superdome to try and ride out the storm. I'm not familiar with where that's located within the city but if the city of N.O. is underwater, wouldn't a significant portion of the superdome be as well? Hopefully they don't allow too many folks in there, just in case the lower levels of seating begin to flood and everyone has to scramble to the higher seats.

Latest resources

Back