• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kallitta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, a first class medical is always a first class medical, however after 6 months, you can only exercise the privileges of a Comm pilot and after one year, you can only exercise the privileges of a private pilot.

I have an interview June 10th, and I just assumed it was for an FO position. I had no idea that new hires still occasionally go to the SO seat. Any thoughts on this? Of course I will ask at the interview which seat it's for, but can it change once you get to groundschool?

Thanks for any info

Propjob,

They told me when they offered the position. It looks like you have the time for the right seat. Do you have an FE ticket? Good luck!

Hey propjob,

If I had to guess, you will be interviewing for a FO position. It seems that they try to hire PFEs, then if you have really low time, you will interview for a SO position. By looking at your profile, having 757 time and your hours, you should get a FO interview. In talking to current Kalitta guys, they are really short of FOs. Upward movement doesn't seem like a problem. Good luck on the interview. It is truly one of the most laid back experiences that I have EVER had, and flying the sim is a piece of cake. The 747 flies like a dream (if the real ac flies like the sim, I won't be disappointed!) No curveballs either. Very straight forward. PM if you have any questions. Good luck!

The Clash

Quals for FO/SO

The Clash said:
Hey propjob,

If I had to guess, you will be interviewing for a FO position. It seems that they try to hire PFEs, then if you have really low time, you will interview for a SO position. By looking at your profile, having 757 time and your hours, you should get a FO interview. In talking to current Kalitta guys, they are really short of FOs. Upward movement doesn't seem like a problem. Good luck on the interview. It is truly one of the most laid back experiences that I have EVER had, and flying the sim is a piece of cake. The 747 flies like a dream (if the real ac flies like the sim, I won't be disappointed!) No curveballs either. Very straight forward. PM if you have any questions. Good luck!

The Clash

So what kinda time qualifies you for the FO or SO slots?

Vspeeds,

I'm not sure what the exact mins are. However, looking at your profile, you are right in the same quals that I have, and they interviewed me for a FO slot. That's about all I know.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back