Kallitta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm just a new hire so take it for what it's worth. I THINK:

New hires with low heavy and international time go in as SOs. PFEs are the preferred and make up the bulk of engineers in the crew force.

As to minimums, they seem to like high time in jets, heavy and international experience a big plus. As to specific hours, I don't know, but 1,000-1,500 PIC and 3,000 TT should put you in the ballpark, then if they like you when they meet you, the chances are good. There were a few fairly low time guys picked up for the June class in Miami last week. They are still hiring for at least two more classes this year, I think that means 32 pilot and 16 engineer slots.

Also, when they fill a class they may have somebody fall out. It wouldn't hurt to offer to be there on one day's notice if that happens. I went to the company office yesterday to tie up some paperwork loose ends. The head office people who I had met before called me by first name, smiling, etc. Seems like a great place with super management and I'm really happy, and feel lucky to be there.

Final note: You only need a 2nd class physical, FO or SO, so your 1st class is good for 2 years.

July class!!

Hey guys....Had the offer for the June class, but due to some military requirements, I'm in for the July class. During my interview experience a few weeks ago, it was top notch. Great people, professional, but down to earth. Huge plus....It may not be FedEx, or UPS, or Southwest, but it's a job and my first 121 experience outside the military so I'm happy with that. The grass isn't greener all the time.

But hey....with the posts that I have seen on this board, seems to me people are happy with the company. And hopefully, this new contract will make it even better!!

See you other new hires around the ranch!!!

---HVYDRVR

Congrats HVYDRVR!

Congrats! I didn't even know that they were going to have a class in July. That's great news. I'm really looking forward to starting up. I just got the ground school sked in the mail a couple of days ago. Done in just over four weeks - tight but thankfully not drawn out. Gonna be lots of studying, though....

Hey, HVYDRVR, maybe we'll meet somewhere down the road! Congrats again!

The Clash :D

Thanks Clash....looking forward to it. They said that there was some paperwork that I needed to finish...no big. The nice thing is this....E-PUBS!!

---HVYDRVR

jwad, A first class is not good for two years as a SO, FO, you need a second class which is good for a year.

1st class medical is good for 6 months. 2nd class is good for 1 year. After your 1st class expires, it becomes a second class for 6 more months.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back