Kallitta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sadlmkr

Does anyone know if Kallita is hiring, and if they have a website??
I understand that they are planning to grow.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO WORK AT KALITTA. THE REASONS ARE AS FOLLOWS

Worst pay in the industry
Terrible maintenance.
Extremely dangerous operation and the list goes on. You would be better of somewhere eles like USA JET.

Worse than Air Cargo Express in FWA? Im sure we are all in the same boat when it comes to the typical 135 freighters.... some are worse than others, but I wouldnt say that Kalitta is at the bottom by no means from what I hear from ex- coworkers that are there now, schedule is a bit rough but so is every one else's in the on- demand industry. As far as lowest pay? Try Air cargo Express and the sketchy owner who thinks that there is a gray area in every regulation that has been written by the FAA. Glad i am finally out of there and came out of there alive as well as violation, accident/incident free....knock on wood(substitues cranium). Good luck!:D

Go-around recommends USA Jet

Kalitta Air maintenance is just fine. There are very few DMI stickers to be found these days.

We are flying some of the best classic B747's around, FMS equiped with GPS updating. EADI's and EHSI's. Very simular to the B757 but without VNAV.

As far as pay 12 year captains are up to about $140 per hour. Third year captain pay is about $110.

Schedule is 17 on and 13 or 14 off depending on the number of days in the month, ie 30 or 31.

Layovers are great. Hong Kong, Anchorage, Chicago, LAX, Hononlulu and Amsterdam to just name a few.

Upgrade to captain 12 to 18 months.

They fly you out of your home airport 90 percent of the time and back again.

Overtime if you want it is always available.

Paycheck arrives on time.

No furloughes and hiring continues, 3 new hire classes a scheduled through the rest of the year, 12 FO's in each class and 6 engineers.

Plus free tickets to many NHRA events!!!!!!!

Go Connie!

Kalitta Air: Around the World Around the Clock

Last edited:
I just got hired for the June class (see the other Kalitta thread). I've talked to several other Kalitta pilots and have a very strong impression, more in line with CWI's post than GOAROUND's. The company is growing, the left seat is not far away, the pay is better than the major's all things considered, the airplanes are nicely equipped, they're adding electronic Jepps, you work from your home for the most part, there's a new contract in final stages. I don't know what else you could ask for. In fact, I'm pinching myself to make sure it's not a dream.

Great post CWI!

Great post there CWI! Planes get old, and even new ones that I recently have flown (737NG), get bugs in the systems and things break. I am not concerned one bit with the mx of these birds. And as long as the paycheck doesn't bounce, then I'm happy (been there, done that, no thanks!). I'm really looking forward to starting and getting a chance to fly the 747.

One quick question: when they buy you a ticket from your home to go meet the airplane, do you get to claim frequent flyer miles, or are these ID90 type tickets that have been negotiated between companies? Not a big deal; just wondering.

See you guys on line!

The Clash

The Clash said:
One quick question: when they buy you a ticket from your home to go meet the airplane, do you get to claim frequent flyer miles, or are these ID90 type tickets that have been negotiated between companies? Not a big deal; just wondering.
No, the company buys the tickets off the airline websites, so we get the FF miles. Sometimes you don't get the airline you want (they go generally by price) but I've added plenty of FF miles to my airline account. Same with some of the hotels.

I made the jump from JUS to Kalitta a year ago, and I'm enjoying immensely. My life is very different and I'm very satisfied I made the move.

iaflyer

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back