Kalitta New Hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BUFF,

You get paid training pay (600/wk under the new contract) until you finish OE, even if they leave you sitting at home.

LOFT is Line Oriented Flight Training. It's the sim after your checkride. Not so much an EP sim like the checkride, but more of a normal flight with a few "irregularities" thrown in...

What does OE consist of? If I'm starting training on Aug 6, how soon til I'm out in the system flying?

OE is basically line flying under supervision. It is short for IOE or Initial Operating Experience. You spend anywhere from 25 to about 75 hours or so flying with a check airman or designated OE captain. They are basically there to make sure you successfully make the transition from the training environment to the line environment. They usually do a little OJT and get you oriented to the day to day operations.

You could be out on OE in as little as two months from when you start, depending on your seniority and sim schedule. If you are relatively junior, it could be 3 months or more.

Turbo
So this is what training timeline boils down to:

5 weeks ground school
some amount of time waiting for sim
3 week of sim training
check in sim (qualified/rated in 747)
LOFT sim
1 month or so of OE training

fully qual out of training - getting MBPG

Is this right?

No type for fo's, oe should be about 2 weeks depending on how much time you spend sitting between flights and actually flying. The weekly training pay continues until the line check at the end of oe. If you sit at home for a few months you'll still get paid.

Guam
Where did you stay during initial trng? I'll be at Extended Stay America. Any idea how it is there?

I did the same thing and left in a week due to all the fights, yelling, drunks and police activity (wait, that is just a normal trip at K4). If you are on the first floor check your windows, they are often turned around so they can be opened from the outside.

I moved to the Red Roof, cheaper, closer, mostly flight crews and a couple truckers. Walmart, grocery and adult beverages across the street. Stay a month and there is no tax.

Welcome aboard, and hold on tight 'cause you are in for a hell of a ride ;)

-Showtime

Latest resources

Back