Kalitta New Hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BUFF Flyer

I'm starting training with Connie in August. From the Kalitta folks, what can I expect from the training? I have a schedule for the first five weeks of ground school, but nothing for the sim.

I'm excited about flying the whale worldwide. Should be a blast - from one of the biggest AF planes to the biggest commercial--what could be better!

You will get a sim schedule during ground school, once they match you up with some other guys. It will be about 15 days or so of sim. Expect to be busy. They will throw things at you at a pretty rapid pace, and if you don't understand something, you will need to speak up pretty quick. It is doable, however.

Good luck.

I'm excited about flying the whale worldwide. Should be a blast - from one of the biggest AF planes to the biggest commercial--what could be better!

Ah, yea right. You'll find out soon enough what the real story is working for a scumbag 747 freight outfit.

Ah, yea right. You'll find out soon enough what the real story is working for a scumbag 747 freight outfit.

Real story, I been here for a few years, I want to know!

Give us a hint, is it a funny one, a scarry one, is it a love story?

Real story, I been here for a few years, I want to know!

Give us a hint, is it a funny one, a scarry one, is it a love story?

For some, it's a love story, for some it can be a scary story. Sometimes it's a funny story. But for many, it's an ongoing mystery that they can't seem to figure out. Then they get all grumpy and it becomes a sad story. Then they really get mad and it becomes a horror story!

Buff: As far as what could be better; maybe getting a respectable job, like as a piano player in a house of ill-repute.

Welcome aboard.

Your sim and oe could come quickly or take awhile. Training is busy right now-newhire, upgrade, and recurrent all going on. the sim is running 20 hours a day right now so it may take awhile to getthrough your class. I would guess about 3 or 4 months til you're on line.

we started June 4, some have gone through all the way, one friend did his LOFT today and starts IOE Saturday. he is in the second round of sims, our sim starts Aug 1, three crews. first two sets of crews started a week out of ground and are on IOE now.

Latest resources

Back