• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta / Atlas Air lifestyle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you could care less that you are going to go to Bahrain instead of Hong Kong, then you will fit in well.

I disagree. I think that if you couldn't care less that you are going to Bahrain instead of Hong Kong, then you would fit in well.

Is having a life or style a prerequisite for having a lifestyle? I have neither, but it is still a pretty good job most of the time. The worst part for me is the effect that the extended absences have on my family, but I just remind myself that unemployment has worse effects.

...with a greatly inflated sense of their professional worth.

A truer statement hasn't been made on FI.com in a long time.... I partly blame the pilots for empowering them with a lot of authority that was never theirs to begin with...

And now we get stuck with FA unions like that at WN demanding a guys job just because he said the same thing 90% of us are thinking over the air..

if I may interject...

I fly for a passenger ACMI however I often run into many of my buddies across asia who are flying for any of the above aforementioned freighter 747 operations.

So we sit down and get a beer and reminisce about the old days.

I have discovered, when all else is said and done and training is over, IOE is behind them, they have figured out the 17 on / 17 off and paperwork and forms and stuff is all completed. Then and now only two things will typically concern the pilots of these big behemoths as they cross multiple time zones and fir boundaries...

1) how can they either delay or push the airplane early to somehow make the free breakfast at the hotel

2) where are the cheap hookers in the next country

Now, I may be generalizing to a point and not every pilot thinks this way but this is the prevailing "culture" and most of the guys I know are still new in this world so I hear about it quite often.

half the ACMI guys I've flown with at two different companies have been regular Quagmires... that's so true.

Don't come to Atlas if you don't want to fly with FAs. We are getting more and more, and lots of the new hires will get the 767 PAX openings.

My trips have varied from 1 day, to 17 days. I am on a 17 day trip now, and have 15 days in a row at home when I am done.

cliff
SYD

I have discovered, when all else is said and done and training is over, IOE is behind them, they have figured out the 17 on / 17 off and paperwork and forms and stuff is all completed. Then and now only two things will typically concern the pilots of these big behemoths as they cross multiple time zones and fir boundaries...

1) how can they either delay or push the airplane early to somehow make the free breakfast at the hotel

Not to stereotype or anything. No pax hauler would ever go for a cheap breakfast or a hooker.

half the ACMI guys I've flown with at two different companies have been regular Quagmires... that's so true.

The Quagmire lifestyle isn't indiginous to just the ACMI carriers. The regionals and scheduled pax carriers have their fair share of characters, too

PHXFLYR

The Quagmire lifestyle isn't indiginous to just the ACMI carriers. The regionals and scheduled pax carriers have their fair share of characters, too

PHXFLYR

true, however the frequency of visits to far off asian destinations is an advantage some carriers have over others in that department.

Latest resources

Back