• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta / Atlas Air lifestyle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would guess that heavy time is quite preferred for ACMI jobs, but how would someone with about 4000 or so total, but with 1000+ Turbine PIC (C90, B200, Shorts) and a lot of international flying experience (been based for in Asia, Africa, Middle East). My only time in anything remotely heavy would be in DC-4 and DC-7... :)

I'd think you stand a pretty good chance 414. Did you send your stuff?

I'd think you stand a pretty good chance 414. Did you send your stuff?

No, I have not yet. I would like to get it in there though, unfortunately being off in the world of weather mod and firefighting has not been good for cultivating recommendation letters either, but I should just apply regardless. Sounds like the kind of flying that I would like.

No, I have not yet. I would like to get it in there though, unfortunately being off in the world of weather mod and firefighting has not been good for cultivating recommendation letters either, but I should just apply regardless. Sounds like the kind of flying that I would like.

I believe you would be suprised at the diverse background amongst the pilot groups of most ACMI outfits. More so presently, people tend to gravitate towards this type of flying out of choice, not neccesity.
I count myself among the many who would offer to buy you the first round, and hear of your previous life's bush/firefighting exploits.
We're cool like that...

Good luck.

How are the layovers at Atlas? Good hotels? Internet always available? Good food available? Any safety concerns?

Ive done the research...or atleast tried...can anyone tell me ''in their opinion" which operation would be better......World Airways or Atlas? It looks like they're pretty much the same to me.......

Any thoughts??

Ive done the research...or atleast tried...can anyone tell me ''in their opinion" which operation would be better......World Airways or Atlas? It looks like they're pretty much the same to me.......

Any thoughts??

both are tops in the ACMI business.... I think there's far more growth on the horizon at Atlas, but World's got a long history of being (and staying) in business.. I've got friends at both places who think they've won the career lottery.... take whom ever hires you first.

Any thoughts??

Having been at World for 11 years now I would say Atlas with todays information. With that said it was only 6 or so years ago when Atlas was on the ropes and things were bleak. It is fantastic to see Atlas turn it around and have a group of money men who seem interested in growing an airline. Currently Worlds Mgmt. seems more interested in siphoning profits and sitting on their A**'s while our market share goes to Atlas, Omni etc. The winds of change are in constant motion so its still a crap shoot and agree with the statement go to the first that offer the job. Things at Atlas look very good right now and while I do not wish that to change for them I do wish things will change for World and we will get ownership interested growing an airline.

In either case Good Luck with the search!

Latest resources

Back