• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Air Interviewing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dude you can share with the rest of us, we are all interested in the same things more than likely.

Last edited:
What the hey!

Quick question ladies and gent.
I sent my resume to Kallita about a month ago. No reply...

I have about 4K
3K 121 Ops
about 2K on baby baby baby baby baby (should be 2 engine) 4 engine turbine
and I'm a Detroiter Man!

Do they usually respond to you by email or postal mail and about how long does it take?

Last edited:
The best way to find out whats going on is to call them directly. They are getting quite a few applicants now and their new hire classes are 1 every 2 months so theyre filling up. Theyre a pleasure to talk with, you may even end up talking to the Chief Pilot directly if hes around. Im currently going through ground school at Kalitta, and theres a lot of stuff going on with all the new crews coming through and the new airplanes being bought, my guess is theyre probably a bit understaffed to handle all the applications and all the business right now?

BTW - Kalitta is CASS now. Come and ride on a Kalitta airplane and see how they operate, I think the more guys we get riding on our airplanes, the more we can squash those ugly rumors about us! Its a good place to be!

Last edited:
Hey Sham, don't mean to rain on your parade but why don't you get through O.E. and a few months of line flying before you start "squashing ugly rumors". Worse places to be but unfortunately some of the Kalitta rumors are absolute truth. We haven't had massive attrition in the last 2 years cause everyone wants to move on to a worse job. I will add that if you do hitch a ride, the crews are the absolutely best part of this whole operation. The vast majority of the guys out there will be glad to have ya.

Last edited:
well thats exactly it. i get a lot of people who have nothing but horrible things to say and they'll occassionally infer that the crews themselves are part of the problem. Granted I havent been there done that yet, but it would be nice for guys to realize that the people here are great.

The problem isn't the crews, its management and their continuing refusal to make a contract. Its been over four years since the last one expired. New hire pay for s/o's even pfe's went down(just 1 scale now). Per diem has increased a nickel in 14 years. Things like this are why the guys are getting antsy and so many leave.

Anyone know approx. what their call out time is? If you are offered a position how soon do they have a class date for you?

It varries. I have heard of people not hearing from them for three weeks. I was called the next day. It just depends I guess.

Latest resources

Back