• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Air Interviewing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone know why walk-ins are not recommended?

I'm guessing because mgmt is spread pretty thin and they can't take time to talk to everyone who may drop in. I wouldn't think it would hurt to drop off a resume, but pushing for an unplanned interview could do more harm than good.

By the way, I don't have any super-secret knowledge about the contract. I believe I said there MAY be light on the horizon. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but there seems to be a lot of positive vibes around now. Who can say for sure?

A turd is a turd, no matter how much you polish it.
Its only psuedo EFIS. However, it is a real FMS toned down to basic functions. Not all the bells and whistles are activated. It does make it so easy now.

Embpic1,

I heard Kalitta had bids out for SO's to upgrade to FO; any idea how many SO's submitted bids for slots in the upcoming class?

5 bid into fo. 2 fo's bid into the so seats because they are nearing 60. Anyone who's thinking of working here look at the payscale at apc. You may break guarantee, but don't count on it. Its deplorable what the so scale is. Even a 2nd or 3rd year capt. is still only guaranteed only around $6000/month.

Regarding the end of duty days; In reality, the company won't usually buy a ticket to get you home from an international location. If you are at an international location on your last day, the company will expect you to operate or deadhead on company airplane back to the U.S., even on days off. This doesn't happen all the time, and they will not keep you out longer than a couple of days.
This would only occur with the crewmembers's concurrence. The company can and does buy tickets home from overseas, if it is the only option. They really prefer to deadhead you on a company airplane (honestly, having a First class seat and a bunk on a company airplane is preferable to a economy class ticket any day of the week). You can see this happening a couple of days out - I simply ask scheduling "how do you plan on getting me home by the end of my last day. If the answer is "uhh... we can't" my next line is, "well, I'm not doing it".

The only time I've not gotten home on time from anywhere in the world is if I was scheduled to operate and the plane went mechanical, delaying the trip. Some crew members won't push the issue, because if they stay out they might get an additional 10 hours of pay, above guarantee.

Last edited:
Any tips on gettin' in I have already talked with Norman informally. My resume has been there for a year. I have updated January 1. The only guy i know there is Sean Nation. But i lost his email.

Someone mentioned that KA has a new CP. Who's the new Chief?? How long has it been since that happened?
The ex-Chief pilot retired in October if I remember correctly. It had been expected for a while, the new Chief Pilot's name is Paul Bishop. He is a well-liked check airman who's been at the company for a while. He is ex-Air Force and by all accounts is a fair guy. I haven't heard of a pilot or FE who thinks he's a bad choice.

I just flew with a check airman and he said our training department is going to be going at full tilt this year. With the addition of three new planes (the first one comes on line in a month) and the attrition of the legacy guys, there is going to be a lot going on. He said that Connie wants 70 more crews.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back