• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello there,

Long time reader first time poster....

I had a few questions:

1. Do they hire directly into the right seat?
2. 1st year F/O pay ?
3. Reserve? How often? Can you ever bid a reserve schedule?
4. Jump seating? any reciprocal agreements with other carriers?
5. How long are some of the overnights?
6. Are you mostly on the back side of the clock? 100%, 70% 50%?

That's all folks

thank you come again

1. Yes (4000+ hrs)
2. $40/hr
3. Yes you can bid reserve schedule. It is hit or miss as senior guys as well as junior bid reserve.
4. Several reciprocal agreements. CASS inwork.
5. Generaaly most layovers are 24 hrs or more. Sometimes when you are moving pretty good you might get a couple of min rest (12 hrs).
6. 98.5%

If you can't be away for 17 days a month and/or can't put up with constant schedule changes, this is not the place for you. Look else where. Some guys come here to fly "heavies" then complain non stop because it is not like the mainline they were furloughed from. Do your homework and network with guys that do this kind of flying before you come here!

got the email to work finally. used a differnet email to send it from and it worked fine. has anyone been hired with less than the 4000 tt lately? just a few hundred short.

After the 17 on how many do you get off 12 or 14?My grass would be 6 foot tall,and my dog may attack me after being gone for 17.

Does having a freight background help? I work a 19 on/9 off sked, usually at night too, would that set me apart?

After the 17 on how many do you get off 12 or 14?My grass would be 6 foot tall,and my dog may attack me after being gone for 17.

17 days of the month are on duty. Whatever's left is off. So, 13 or 14 days off depending on whether it's 30 or 31 days.
Because of Feb being 28 days, Feb borrows a day from Jan and Mar (1/31 thru 3/1), making 30 days for Jan, Feb & Mar.

Texarkana: Regarding the freight time, I understand there are a lot of various backgounds applying. Having worked 19/9 schedules in night freight indicates that you won't be as susceptible to the "culture shock" that grips many coming from a more civilized heritage.:D

Having worked 19/9 schedules in night freight indicates that you won't be as susceptible to the "culture shock" that grips many coming from a more civilized heritage.:D

Do not underestimate the effect this type of schedule will have on your life.
Don't get me wrong, some people love it - especially those in remote parts of the country.
Just sayin ...

Kinda off subject but I saw no other active Kalitta Air discussions...

What is a typical series of days like at K4, how many legs and how long of a day followed by how much time at a hotel?

Do most of the places abroad you stay have wireless internet access?

Thanks!

What is a typical series of days like at K4, how many legs and how long of a day followed by how much time at a hotel?

Do most of the places abroad you stay have wireless internet access?
Usually one leg, between 6-8 hours long. Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. Almost always at least 24 hours - often 48 hours, sometimes as many as 4 days in one city.

As for internet access, I'd say that 75% or so of the places we go have free internet access - at the rest, it can be purchased (usually $15 or so a day).

Latest resources

Back