• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Air Interviewing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Love the job, schedule, the crews (95%) are very cool to fly with. Hate the on-going contract negotiations and with that comes low pay!

I hear the Kalitta 747-100/200s are EFIS and FMS equipped. Is it a pretty nice setup for an older aircraft?

Also, what percentage of your flying is completely ad hoc charter (to random destinations) vs. scheduled or MAC charter?

Ad hoc is about 15-20% of flying. Fms Efis setup is quite nice. Great job for single guys. I too wish that this contract B.S. was over . Would make this place a lot nicer company to be at. The only guys who are truly miserable here are the ones that can't handle the 17 days. They are bailing left and right. In fact one just left for JB. Looking to get on with UPS/FedEx down the road? I think this is a great place to be. Had a number of our guys leave for both this year and last.

funny,
I am at JB and saw a Kalitta guy on the second phase list.

interesting.

Another class

Another new hire class has been scheduled for June 2007. It should have 12 FOs and 6 SOs. This will be the third new hire class this year.

how long does it usually take to hear anything back after the resume was emailed? do they still prefer resumes by email? i thought someone posted earlier that you will get a letter saying they received your resume?

hey,
no one has really responded on the health benefits, I am hurting myself all the time, surfing, snowboarding, paragliding and capoeira all break my body. need some good coverage man.

upgrade? did someone say maybe two years or so?

Guam

Benefits

benefits are pretty good. My wife is in mgt. with Ford here in Michigan and I have taken the insurance through Kalitta over those from Ford. The cost to you is $40 per pay period before taxes. After three years, Connie picks up the tab. The coverage includes dental and the costs are really competative. Total out of pocket for the year is $1,200 which includes the initial yearly deductable of $200 which you will knock out on your first visit. After that, everything is pretty much a $10 co-pay so the $1,200 out of pocket max would be made from any out of network stuff or some odd tests that are only covered 80/20. It is a PPO and not an HMO. There is life insurance which is $10 for every 100k coverage along with long term disability for a few bucks a month and I think there is also loss of certificate insurance available as well.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back