• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta -400

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah I guess you wouldn't log PIC when the Captain goes to the back to log over water time, typed or not.
Well the way things are going I may not have that long to wait to log every bit of the augmented crews as PIC anyway...

it is hard to say, everyone has their thing, alot of guys want/need the PIC for the future, some the money, who knows which way most will go, quick upgrade like Xfr8dog said, upgrades are now quick, actually 1 year. so why bid the right seat of the 400, depends who you talk to.

Is my understanding correct that if you are a 400 FO, you are seat locked for 2 years?

Does that mean you 1) Cannot up grade at all? 2) can only upgrade in the 400 within that 2 years? or 3) are released from the seat lock if upgraded to the -200?

Thanks

it is hard to say, everyone has their thing, alot of guys want/need the PIC for the future, some the money, who knows which way most will go, quick upgrade like Xfr8dog said, upgrades are now quick, actually 1 year. so why bid the right seat of the 400, depends who you talk to.
I believe two of the guys in the April 1 class have been on the property for nine months!

who even says that there will be a second Capt. no major airline flies two CA and one FO. As much as Captains would like, that may not happen. that is why we all receive PIC type ratings.
Type or not, no signature, no PIC.
NWA does.

NWA flies with two Captains? But like the guys in the above posts say, only one of them logs PIC correct?

I heard today that new hires are seat locked for 18 months. A new hire that started in the 200 could bid and upgrade in the 200 at anytime, but can't bid the 400 for 18 months. A lot of the new hires are starting in the 400 from day one.

Latest resources

Back