• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta -400

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was told at least 8 in 09, but I could be wrong.

This is what I heard also. We are supposed to get the first two airplanes to get the proving runs done and get us up to speed on operating 400s. Then we will get up to 8 in 2009.

8 seems to be the magic # but they are still being negiotiated with JAL. I don't think anything is confirmed yet except the 2 in 08 the 1 in 09. You know Connie.

8 seems to be the magic # but they are still being negiotiated with JAL. I don't think anything is confirmed yet except the 2 in 08 the 1 in 09. You know Connie.

I seem to remember JAL putting out a press release a few months back saying that there was no deal yet.

Does anyone know how cruise captain works? Obviously only one person is signing for the airplane but if the "true" Captain is in the back sleeping for 8 hours does the next typed FO by senority log it PIC? This would seem to make sense to me. Now the next question is do major airlines consider this to be true "PIC Jet" or is it something seperate?

thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how cruise captain works? Obviously only one person is signing for the airplane but if the "true" Captain is in the back sleeping for 8 hours does the next typed FO by senority log it PIC? This would seem to make sense to me. Now the next question is do major airlines consider this to be true "PIC Jet" or is it something seperate?

thanks!

who even says that there will be a second Capt. no major airline flies two CA and one FO. As much as Captains would like, that may not happen. that is why we all receive PIC type ratings.
Type or not, no signature, no PIC.

Latest resources

Back