[K]now it all captains?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
When an FO corrects me I always make sure that I pay for all the beers that night. The way I look at it, the FO is just looking out for me and the crew. Any Captain that gives you grief for keeping them out of trouble is a 100% Grade A Douchebag.
I have been in this situation as a F/O before. Try to grin and bear it. It just SUKS! Just be sure when you are a captain you have dangerkittys attitude. You will get alot more out of your F/O when he/she feels like a valuable member of the team regardless of there experience.

I had a captain that was always is big on going fast out over the water even below 10000ft. He kept telling me that 10 to 12 miles out you can fast as you want. I was not real sure of that at first. I did my research and found that he was correct. Then we were out over the water again below 8000ft. I told him he may want to slow down. He got this puzzled look on his face and asked why. I asked him what the limitation for a Hawker below 8000ft is? He really got a puzzled look on his face. I just pointed up at the placard. He did not say another word after that is showed me a little more respect the rest of the day. He falls off his horse still and I just find a way to humble him.

Below 8000ft you have to keep under 280kts for bird strikes.

Dep676 said:
I had a captain that was always is big on going fast out over the water even below 10000ft. He kept telling me that 10 to 12 miles out you can fast as you want. I was not real sure of that at first. I did my research and found that he was correct. Below 8000ft you have to keep under 280kts for bird strikes.

Why are you allowed to go over 250 IAS when over the water 10-12 out and below 10,000?

International waters was his claim. I asked a few other people and they agreed, plus I read it in the FAR's.

Fly and act in the right seat as an FO like you would want the FO to fly and act if you were the Captain. When you get to be the Captain, fly and act in the left seat like you would want the Captain to fly and act if you were in the right seat. Makes the trips a whole lot easier.

NoahWerka said:
Fly and act in the right seat as an FO like you would want the FO to fly and act if you were the Captain. When you get to be the Captain, fly and act in the left seat like you would want the Captain to fly and act if you were in the right seat. Makes the trips a whole lot easier.

Well said.

Latest resources

Back