Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Maybe I am crazy, but I had a class coming up with NetJets and I turned it down, actually talked with Dorinda today and told her that I would not be accecpting a position in the company. I had a job offer out in Dubai an I am going to take it, they are a newer fractional BEX-air http://www.bexair.com/ I was feeling pretty secure with my decision earlier, but I know that I am going to have a tough time sleeping tonight.
What do you guys think? Am I crazy? I am single, and have really nothing tying me down here in Chicago, I will be working six weeks in Dubai, then four weeks off, they will buy me a ticket to and from Dubai during all of my four week off stretches, starting pay is 12,500 a month, and 100 dollars a day per-diem for every day that you are not on your 4 week off stretch, plus 35,000 a year for living expenses.
Anyone done anything like this before? I am nervous.

Good luck on it. It depends on where your priorities are. I'm hoping for a Net Jets or CS job in the bear future.

PS Something that sounds too good to be true, usual is.

Good luck on it. It depends on where your priorities are. I'm hoping for a Net Jets or CS job in the bear future.

PS Something that sounds too good to be true, usual is.
I dont know if it sounds too good to be true, it is just different.

shame they wasted the interview slot.

Makes it tough for everyone trying to get hired.

Your other choice is so far from the "norm" i'd be very skeptical.

If you haven't spent time there, you should do some research and go see for yourself.

A startup in a country where you have no rights........

Last edited:
Bexair has many issues. Bexair has rules under the Bahrain CAA ANTP manual, its own ops manual, ie: duty time limits, etc. but ignores all of them. The head of the CAA looks the other way, so it appears someone may be contributing to his retirement account.

Bexair's CL604 has a record for the fewest maintenance writeups in the Bombardier Challenger fleet. If one looks in Bexair's flight time writeup sheets one will hardly ever find a writeup.

Bexair will fly their aircraft in an unworthy condition, which is why they never write anything up. With no writeups it is always airworthy as far as the MEL is concerned.

Bexair never does weight and balance computations.

Bexair has either current charts, out of date charts, no charts, and does not have a record in any of their aircraft to see what is or is not. CL604, Citation bravo, 560XL.

Bexair's dispatchters are not qualified dispatchers.

Bexair is top heavy in help and management, their overhead is tremendous, and dominated by Indian and Pakistani managers.
these people are of a different culture than westerners, and one learns rather quickly to not ask, just do. Anyone not raised in the UK, Canada, or the US learns very quickly the march is to a different tune.

Bexair pilots are the last to know. A flight attendent will know a schedule before the pilot.

A pilot at Bexair is a camel driver with no respect. Top management will tell a camel driver how important such and such a pax is, but never tell a pilot he is doing a good job.

Pilots do not have saudi visas. Evertime one goes to saudi, like 8 times a week as the 604 is based in jeddah. it will take anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour to get a visa. This cuts in to the crews rest time. typically one departs for the airport 2 and one half hours before departure, however ones duty time starts one hour before departure. it should be noted the extra time here is not in favor of the crew. 30 minutes after shutdown is end of duty, however one is lucky to leave one hour after shutdown.

Some of the senior Bexair pilots are cowboys. They never say no. If one is a cowboy pilot, does not care about any rules, then Bexair is the place to go.

Bexair's marketing department calls all the shots. They make the deals. the more deals marketing makes, the more commision they make, and the more the pilots fly.

Bexair is always short on pilots. Pilots either quit when they learn there are no rules, or Bexair fires people who bring up the rules. Bexair will pay a contract pilot 17,000 dollars etc. for a one month gig, while their own pilots get what is indicated below.

Bexair pilots receive 6,000 per month for 2 months, then 6,000 for one's month off. they also pay 72.00 per day perdium during the 2 months. In Bexair's rulebook, one is on call everyday for 60 days, which is in direct conflict of their own ops manual and also the Bahrain CAA manual.

Bexair's most senior advisor to the owner, a retired gentleman of pakistani descent at 78, quit 2 weeks ago as he got fed up with Bexair's complete disregard to play by bthe rules.

I survived at Bexair for 42 days in their 604, and walked away out of their lack of standards.

Once again if one is a cowboy and likes flying, jump aboard, and you professional pilots stsy away.

While this appears negative in content, it is accurate.

Interesting

I hope you like living in the sand box and like eating things you can't pronounce.

Not for me, but good luck anyway.:)

I do not feel that an interview slot with a job turned down is a waste, as it is a time for both parties to decide if it is right for them.
I have done a lot of research and have read a few of the negatives, and while I respect the above posted I do have friends there who really say positive things. And either the above is very old, or something does not add up, as the contract I am holding states that my pay will be 12,500 dollars per month, and exactly 100 dollars per day in per-diem. The six weeks on, you are on, they own you. But my friends there do say that out of the 42 days that they are on they are flying an average of 28 days. And have never heard anything about being treated poorly by any of the passengers, and they are actually receiving very, very large tips, some guys claim that they are doubling their salary on tips.
If I go and dont like it I do have the opportunity to take my class with NetJets.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back