Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just in time for the holidays, no more 1,2,3, happy Thanksgiving...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Relax man, don't be so uptight. Corporate standpoint from who? the hotel? So, do you think they should take the 25% off beverages because of the liability to the hotel? Or if you are worried about the airline, maybe they should not let us stay at Embassy Suites since there is free happy hour every night. Or overnights in New Orleans? BTW, I know where you guys stay in MSY, do you think that's too close to Bourbon Street? Just kidding on that one. Fools will be fools no matter what the price is. At JB, we still have this deal in several places and it is (as far as I know) an "unofficial advantage" when selecting hotels. Unfortunately, this decision at SW (if true) will affect us too down the road.

It is not being uptight. Think of our press of today. See a SWA crew getting nailed at the TSA checkpoint. Move beyond it. One of the 24 hr new corporations gets a "tip" on where he stayed last night, they get the bar tab, video or whatever else they can get their hands on, it shows a 1,2,3 and then it is "discovered" that SWA the airline negotiates that deal for its crews. I see a major PR issues for the company.

We at DAL do not do that type of deal for that very reason. It is not being uptight. It this day of lawyers, 24 hr news, and lawsuits, it makes sense for the company to protect itself that way.

Just sayin........

Did the UAL pilot that just got busted in London have 1-2-3? How about the Cactus pilots?

This may seem like a trivial issue to some, but to me it is the perfect metaphor for how we are slowly turning into....well...Delta. What's next, pilots & FAs at different hotels? :eek:

Most of that is due to the fact that they are always in the short layo hotel and not on the same trip as us. If they have a long layo they are with us, but normally leave before we do.

Man, that Southwest place is going downhill fast.

SWA grew 70% since 9/11. Because of the growth everybody was moving fast and they could keep the costs low.

It was great and every pilot told kids that they should become pilots and fly only at Southwest.

Now that the party is over the costs are climbing and a very natural thing takes place - a LCC becoming not that much of LCC any more, especially considering running out hedges.
I know one thing - it would really be frustrating to be junior for years with those young Captains not going anywhere..

Besides, with new leadership how long until the old 300's are replaced with brand new stretched RJ's flown for $20/hour Instructordudes at desperate regionals?

Good luck Southwest, we all have hard times, welcome to reality.

Last edited:
This may seem like a trivial issue to some, but to me it is the perfect metaphor for how we are slowly turning into....well...Delta. What's next, pilots & FAs at different hotels? :eek:

Except without the big airplanes and cool layovers. Oh man, you are really screwed. And I am too because I always tell everyone I work for SWA no matter which bar I'm drinking in. :)

Last edited:
From a corporate standpoint it is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Just think what would happen if you had a pilot get caught going through security after a night of 1...2...3's!

Makes a lot of sense to me. That is why most airlines do not negotiate discounts on beverages of any kind.

A lawsuit waiting to happen for 35 years? Spare me...

Except without the big airplanes and cool layovers. Oh man, you are really screwed. And I am too because I always tell everyone I work for SWA no matter which bar I'm drinking in. :)

Big airplanes & cool layovers....isn't that what's it's really all about?
:puke:

Big airplanes & cool layovers....isn't that what's it's really all about?
:puke:

Yes, and a bigger wallet if I can get that too......and hot FAs......although I think I was hired 20 years too late for those last two.

Last edited:
A product of of three things

Lack of personal responsibility (The booze was cheaper than the bottled water in the room)
Lawsuits gone wild
24 hour cable news with time to fill

Bash the management if you want. I think that if any of us were in the same shoes, you would make the same call.

If you think that this place is going downhill, put it in this perspective: If SWA had any other airlines' management in place, how many pilots would be on the street today?

Latest resources

Back