• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just got my Air Whisky interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey all just got my thanks but no thanks from Air Wisconsin. Luckily got a another job offer yesterday (part 135 :( ) but itS a job. Anyway congrats to all those who were hired. Curious though if you were hired why was your background ? Thanks

Their loss my friend!

I interviewed there last week, got a rejection email yesterday. Furloughed NetJets, ex-Chautauqua. 4800tt 3600me. The people were nice, interview was short simple and easy, about 15 minutes. They asked if I would resign my seniority number at NetJets if offered the position. I politely said no, and explained why and that I wouldn't be likely to get a recall offer for several years. Oh well. I just can't justify giving up recall at a job that pays 3-4x more. During the company overview presentation they used the phrase "we shouldn't have to furlough this fall" twice....very encouraging.

Is that question as far as the interview got?

I just can't justify giving up recall at a job that pays 3-4x more. During the company overview presentation they used the phrase "we shouldn't have to furlough this fall" twice....very encouraging.

And you guys want to interview and work for this Sh!t? Unbelievable...

And you guys want to interview and work for this Sh!t? Unbelievable...

There a two companies hiring. AWAC and AE. Who created the sh!t pay? Do you have other options for these guys/gals? I would like to hear them. You can start by paying my insurance bill of $1200 a month. What have you done to stop the whipsawing and the downsizing of Majors? That's what I thought.

Someone once commented on this thread that regional airline pilots are their own worse enemy. Outside of becoming a military pilot, regional airline flying is one of the ways a person gets his/her start in this business. All the bitching, complaining, and negatve comments about the industry (especially pay) isn't going to get any better.
I am in a similar situation than some of you. I don't know how old some of you are who currently fly for the regionals are. You work for a contractor flying RJ's and turbo props on behalf of a major aline, going from city to city delivering people and baggage for minimum pay. I am 45 years old also working for a contractor, driving a delivery truck, delivering mail and packages from building to building. I make between $25, 000 to $26,000 per year in my job. I haven't seen a pay raise in 2 years and won't see one any time soon.
If I were 10 to 20 years younger, I would rather work as pilot for a regional airline getting the valuable flight experience I need to possibly move onto a better paying position, vs. what I am doing now.
If someone gets a job with Air Wisonsin or American Eagle, we should be congraduating and wishing them the best.

I would be careful. Odds are the people hiring you read this website. I am sure there are only so many interviewing so I would accept that they will be able to put a face to the name on this flightinfo post with all the details it provides. That could be good or bad.

you have to wonder.......

I have a interview with them next week and all the gouge out there is old. Does anyone have any current Air Wisconsin interview gouge? Appreciate it.
Bling.

I have a interview with them next week and all the gouge out there is old. Does anyone have any current Air Wisconsin interview gouge? Appreciate it.
Bling.

You are the tip of the spear for this round of hiring. Just be friendly and polite the Midwesten folk like that sore of thing.

Latest resources

Back