• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just booked round trip MCO-EWR on JB...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know I'm preaching to the choir, but shouldn't flying be a little more expensive than driving or Greyhound? Think of other businesses that charge a premium for same day service. If you want to get their quick you pay a higher price to fly, meaning you get there the same day.

Like I said, I know I'm preaching to the choir but haven't heard anyone else look at it from that angle.

I couldnt believe prices recently either. A couple weeks back I purchased one-way IND-MCO 4 days prior and it was $144. (On Citrus)

Go with Continental .........its cheaper...EWR to MCO round trip for $156.00. Lots of $$$ to be lost on the Florida routes in the coming months.

Last edited:
I'm sure there was a more expensive ticket you could have purchased, more than the $185 on JetBlue.

Why didn't you buy a more expensive ticket to help the airline industry increase profits?

:p

Here's what's crazy:

MCO-EWR, 815nm, $185 RT, $0.23 per mile

MCO-CHS, 276nm, $320 RT, $1.16 per mile

MCO-TLH, 198nm, $283 RT, $1.43 per mile

which is the exact same price as:

MCO-TUL, 872nm, $283 RT, $0.32 per mile

which is not nearly as good a deal as:

MCO-ORD, 874nm, $153 RT $0.18 per mile.

In addition, do ya figure the costs to maintain a ticket counter and gate are higher at ORD and EWR, or at TLH, CHS, and TUL?????

starcheck1 said:
Go with Continental .........its cheaper...EWR to MCO round trip for $156.00. Lots of $$$ to be lost on the Forida routes in the coming months.
Wow, I got screwed...I figured JB would be the cheapest...

gkrangers said:
Wow, I got screwed...I figured JB would be the cheapest...

Not sure what dates you are traveling, but as an example 10/17 and 10/23 you could travel for 155.40 on JB. CAL on that date indicated 205.40. This is including all taxes and fees on both airlines.

Out of JFK, JB is often more expensive than Song by $5-$10 a flight.

Some will absolutely chase the lowest price. Other people will go for a particular carrier regardless of the price. To each their own.

Mike

Latest resources

Back