• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gkrangers

college = debt

185$.

Good grief......

Ok..lets do the math.

I have to fill my car 4 times to drive from FL to NJ.

At $45/tank thats nearly two hundred fucking dollars.

Making that a FOUR HUNDRED dollar round trip.

I'm sure stuff like this has been beaten to death...but wow.

......and we DO appreciate your business. Enjoy the inflight entertainment as you relax in your leather seat.

Blue Skies........

BBD

Yeah, poor people can't afford a car + gas so they either take the bus or a LLC flight...unbelievable. Just raise the ticket prices, people will still fly for the sheer convenience, otherwise Escalades and H2's wouldn't still be rolling off the lot.

Fill your car up for nearly $400 bucks round-trip, then just ride-share with 130 other people who like to chip in for gas.

BlueBusDriver said:
......and we DO appreciate your business. Enjoy the inflight entertainment as you relax in your leather seat.

Blue Skies........

BBD
I liked xjet from dab-ewr direct, but getting dropped off at mco is no big deal...and for half the price..and a bigger seat...and tv...

And we all know the prices across the board are a problem for all of us....so...raise prices after I have a job and jumpseat priviledges. ;)

PurpleTail said:
Yeah, poor people can't afford a car + gas so they either take the bus or a LLC flight...unbelievable. Just raise the ticket prices, people will still fly for the sheer convenience, otherwise Escalades and H2's wouldn't still be rolling off the lot.

I think you meant "LCC", as in low cost carrier.

LLC refers to a limited liability corporation.

GP

gkrangers said:

185$.

Good grief......

Ok..lets do the math.

I have to fill my car 4 times to drive from FL to NJ.

At $45/tank thats nearly two hundred Fricking dollars.

Making that a FOUR HUNDRED dollar round trip.

I'm sure stuff like this has been beaten to death...but wow.

Apples and oranges. You are comparing one person in an auto literally to a form of mass transit (over 100 people on the same vehicle). Even if the fare were $400 (reasonable), which would you prefer? Bad comparison. Long haul in the auto is over. Rental cars are $28 bucks unlimited mileage at destination.

JT8D said:
Apples and oranges. You are comparing one person in an auto literally to a form of mass transit (over 100 people on the same vehicle). Even if the fare were $400 (reasonable), which would you prefer? Bad comparison. Long haul in the auto is over. Rental cars are $28 bucks unlimited mileage at destination.
People frequently drive because they cannot afford to fly, and Orlando-NJ/NY is a very common "drive vs fly" trip.

Now, its cheaper to fly, than drive..for one/two people.

Thats just not the way things used to be, even when dealing with just one or two people.

When you get into families, flying is still "expensive" because of the number of people, vs the operating costs of a car which don't increase, regardless of the number of people.

gkrangers said:
People frequently drive because they cannot afford to fly, and Orlando-NJ/NY is a very common "drive vs fly" trip.

Now, its cheaper to fly, than drive..for one/two people.

Thats just not the way things used to be, even when dealing with just one or two people.

When you get into families, flying is still "expensive" because of the number of people, vs the operating costs of a car which don't increase, regardless of the number of people.

True. I was refering to single pilot auto long haul vs. fly. A family trip is definetly another story. Your orignal post didn't reflect this, however.

Latest resources

Back