Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just a friendly reminder to Skywest Folks...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still waaaay to early to tell on this deal, but who's to say that it'll be SKYW getting the additional airframes? Theoretically possible that XJT could acquire a/c from SKYW...After all, it is about rates, right? Faced with the prospect of being consumed by a hostile SKYW, there could possibly be a future where XJT becomes a cheaper airline than SKYW. If this made more sense for the folks in Utah, I'd guess that it could happen.

I'd guess that would put a damper on the two-year upgrade party at SKYW...

The way the deal stands now, XJT would fly 205 for CAL and SKW would fly 29 of XJT's ERJs for CAL as well.

XJT could indeed acquire a/c from SKW IF XJT decided to become more "cost competitive." We all know what that means.

The Entitlement Syndrome. He is already disgruntled being an F/O at Cape Air after PFT'ing....F'ing classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIbvLzKQuaQ

(You have to watch his whole series - absolute classic! I can't tell you how many people like this I've met)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that someone has this. It seems that this guy said some things he felt like taking off the internet. Entitlement is rampant in Cape Cod. Shocking hu?

If this is happening at all it may be that SkyWest pilots want to get a good look at an ERJ because there are strong indications that we will have ERJ's soon (not necessarily from XJT).

...Good luck to us all! I hope we all have good answers and information soon. All of these rumors, guesses, half-truths, and rampant paranoia are not helping anyone.

Well, seeing as how Embraer is no longer building the 145, where do they expect to get the airframes? Freedom? Toolbags hopping on airplanes hoping to see "their" future airplane is not helping anyone (assuming this is true).

The way the deal stands now, XJT would fly 205 for CAL and SKW would fly 29 of XJT's ERJs for CAL as well.

XJT could indeed acquire a/c from SKW IF XJT decided to become more "cost competitive." We all know what that means.

Just wanted to add that "deal" would only come about if xjt pilots agree to give up scope... which doesn't seem likely.

Then XJT dies by the sword while Uncle Jerry sits idly by waiting for Continental to hand him the aircraft as the contracts expire anyway. Its all win/win for Uncle Jerry.

Then XJT dies by the sword while Uncle Jerry sits idly by waiting for Continental to hand him the aircraft as the contracts expire anyway. Its all win/win for Uncle Jerry.

The more I see how these XJT pilots bitch, moan, and whine about this possible deal with SKW Inc., the more I want to see it go down is you state above. They don't seem to acknowledge that their company is going down in flames all by itself. There aircraft are no longer very marketable in the current environment and their management has been throwing money away as fast as they can. The pilot group thinks SKW & ASA pilots should be happy to merge seniority lists with them and share the pain about to be inflicted on them due to the crappy ass way their crappy ass airline has been run. I say keep your scope and independence and go down in one big flame of glory.

In the mean time, if an XJT pilot tries to give me crap and blame me as a SKW pilot I might just bitch slap his arrogant ass!

Can I hear an AMEM!

Thanks FlyerDan for that rant that was so eloquently stated!

Some guys have more ego than brains, and if you are one that wants to kill the guy throwing you the lifeline, then drown in the water.

True, that is a possibility and has been considered by many xjt pilots. The problem is that skw's offer gives those who wouldn't get furloughed zero job protection after 12 months. Doesn't seem like much of a "lifeline" does it?

It's also interesting that the skw offer wasn't mentioned at the ExpressJet Holdings, Inc. 2008 Annual Meeting this morning. The discussion was pretty upbeat and the board voted to keep Ream in charge. Strange that the board wouldn't get rid of the guy who has continuously failed to sign a new agreement with continental. Makes you wonder what they're planning.

As it stands now the xjt pilots have had no affect on whether this deal goes through or not. Xjt management already made that decision by not accepting the initial offer. If there is an offer they accept the pilots will have to decide.

Latest resources

Back