Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just a friendly reminder to Skywest Folks...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True, that is a possibility and has been considered by many xjt pilots. The problem is that skw's offer gives those who wouldn't get furloughed zero job protection after 12 months. Doesn't seem like much of a "lifeline" does it?

It's also interesting that the skw offer wasn't mentioned at the ExpressJet Holdings, Inc. 2008 Annual Meeting this morning. The discussion was pretty upbeat and the board voted to keep Ream in charge. Strange that the board wouldn't get rid of the guy who has continuously failed to sign a new agreement with continental. Makes you wonder what they're planning.

As it stands now the xjt pilots have had no affect on whether this deal goes through or not. Xjt management already made that decision by not accepting the initial offer. If there is an offer they accept the pilots will have to decide.

Shareholder's Meeting was today, and the stock is already down a whole $1. Now standing at $1.75. Maybe keeping Ream will get you closer to the Mesa range.

True, that is a possibility and has been considered by many xjt pilots. The problem is that skw's offer gives those who wouldn't get furloughed zero job protection after 12 months. Doesn't seem like much of a "lifeline" does it?

It's also interesting that the skw offer wasn't mentioned at the ExpressJet Holdings, Inc. 2008 Annual Meeting this morning. The discussion was pretty upbeat and the board voted to keep Ream in charge. Strange that the board wouldn't get rid of the guy who has continuously failed to sign a new agreement with continental. Makes you wonder what they're planning.

As it stands now the xjt pilots have had no affect on whether this deal goes through or not. Xjt management already made that decision by not accepting the initial offer. If there is an offer they accept the pilots will have to decide.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=xjt

XJT 1.76 what are they planning? There planning on pulling their golden parachutes.

Shareholder's Meeting was today, and the stock is already down a whole $1. Now standing at $1.75. Maybe keeping Ream will get you closer to the Mesa range.

XPOO maybe a thread should be started with the title "how MESA and XJET are the same"

The more I see how these XJT pilots bitch, moan, and whine about this possible deal with SKW Inc., the more I want to see it go down is you state above. They don't seem to acknowledge that their company is going down in flames all by itself. There aircraft are no longer very marketable in the current environment and their management has been throwing money away as fast as they can. The pilot group thinks SKW & ASA pilots should be happy to merge seniority lists with them and share the pain about to be inflicted on them due to the crappy ass way their crappy ass airline has been run. I say keep your scope and independence and go down in one big flame of glory.

In the mean time, if an XJT pilot tries to give me crap and blame me as a SKW pilot I might just bitch slap his arrogant ass!

I find it somewhat ironic that pilots at airlines that fly "regional" aircraft and have seen their companies expand at the expense of others, continually lay the cause for their demise on the failings of management.

Atlantic Coast, Air Wisconsin and Comair were all leaders in the regional world when it came to contracts, pay and QOL not so long ago. They all had contracts that even now the leaders at the moment, in this particular rollercoaster ride, have yet to even come close to. Their falling from grace is simply not just the fault of their respective managements. Pilots employed at the most financially successful carriers currently, would do well to remember that their success is not simply due to failings of others but the fact that for a long time they were prepared to fly the same aircraft for less. In some cases, a lot less.

XJT pilots worked hard for a contract that included scope and the peons at Skywest now think the XJT pilots should just roll over and say thanks. This coming from a group that thought it was ok to fly for a blended rate?

You'll probably end up getting your grubby hands on XJT but I sincerely hope the XJT pilots make it as unpleasant and difficult for you. I'm sick and tired of hearing Skywest pilots delighting in the problems of others and salivating over the chance to upgrade sooner while someone else loses their job.

Last edited:
I find it somewhat ironic that pilots at airlines that fly "regional" aircraft and have seen their companies expand at the expense of others, continually lay the cause for their demise on the failings of management.

Atlantic Coast, Air Wisconsin and Comair were all leaders in the regional world when it came to contracts, pay and QOL not so long ago. They all had contracts that even now the leaders at the moment, in this particular rollercoaster ride, have yet to even come close to. Their falling from grace is simply not just the fault of their respective managements. Pilots employed at the most financially successful carriers currently, would do well to remember that their success is not simply due to failings of others but the fact that for a long time they were prepared to fly the same aircraft for less. In some cases, a lot less.

XJT pilots worked hard for a contract that included scope and the peons at Skywest now think the XJT pilots should just roll over and say thanks. This coming from a group that thought it was ok to fly for a blended rate?

You'll probably end up getting your grubby hands on XJT but I sincerely hope the XJT pilots make it as unpleasant and difficult for you. I'm sick and tired of hearing Skywest pilots delighting in the problems of others and salivating over the chance to upgrade sooner while someone else loses their job.

Hey kenny you forgot ASA ,are they too adding to the demise of xjet?

Hey kenny you forgot ASA ,are they too adding to the demise of xjet?

Oh no, they like to blame other pilot groups for their problems but they wouldn't dream of including another ALPA pilot group even if it is part of the same holding company as SkyWest. Now that's irony (or at least hypocrisy)!

I think you may be on to something with the Mesa and XJT comparison. Perhaps they should strike a merger deal. Then the scope issue wouldn't be a problem. The XJT pilots could merge seniority seamlessly with the Mesa folks. Then the rest of us could sit back and watch them all go down in one massive (but happily merged) ball of flame.

If you think my post is in any way an "Alpa is great" chant, then you are mistaken. In fact I can't see any reference to Alpa at all.

I'm the last person to sing Alpa's praises and would gladly shoot the F**kwits that allowed that POS contract that Mesa works under to have ever been allowed.

The more I see how these XJT pilots bitch, moan, and whine about this possible deal with SKW Inc., the more I want to see it go down is you state above. They don't seem to acknowledge that their company is going down in flames all by itself. There aircraft are no longer very marketable in the current environment and their management has been throwing money away as fast as they can. The pilot group thinks SKW & ASA pilots should be happy to merge seniority lists with them and share the pain about to be inflicted on them due to the crappy ass way their crappy ass airline has been run. I say keep your scope and independence and go down in one big flame of glory.

In the mean time, if an XJT pilot tries to give me crap and blame me as a SKW pilot I might just bitch slap his arrogant ass!

But what about my career expectations?! Oh, wait. I thought this was a USAIR thread.

Actually, I'm not interested in merging lists. I'd just like to know what my job prospects are after "INC" owns us 12 months. ExpressJet pilots don't see Skywest as being our savior, because the deal presented us had fewer job protections than if we go it alone.

So you agree with me?

What does the board know that the rest of us don't? Why keep Ream there if he keeps driving the stock down? Why not just sell to skw?

This is a separate issue than whether or not xjt pilots would be stupid to vote to give up scope. We don't even have that option until the xjt board decides to sell. Apparently they still have faith in Ream.

I'm to the point where I think the XJT/SKYW deal just has too much bullcrap that will have to be dealt with...and wouldn't benefit either company.

I don't want to see anyone on the streets...but if someone has to go away, let it be that abortion of an "airline" called Mesa. Then, in the end, XJT could pick up some of Mesa's UAL flying (assuming UAL survives the summer) and SKYW can take over the the 30-some odd Freedom ERJ-145's and operate them for CoEx as CO sees fit.

I hear UA was very pleased with the way XJT covered that Mesa flying for them before...and CO seems to want SKYW...so it would seem that the benefit to both carriers is there without the bad blood that could brew with a SKYW buyout of XJT.
XJT 1.76

what are they planning? There planning on pulling their golden parachutes.
Sadly, this is the more likely scenario....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back