Junior Manning

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buxflyr

So I got a call today from crew planning asking if there was any way I could help out this weekend. She was going up the list and trying to get anybody to cover trips.

I said no...I am unavailable, and I begin vacation today.

We have 75 pilots on furlough. This is ridiculous.

Anyone else getting the JM call with guys on furlough? I hope you are saying no.

Technically it's not really JM when you can say no to it......you mean an OT call right?

Just don't pick up the phone.

So I got a call today from crew planning asking if there was any way I could help out this weekend. She was going up the list and trying to get anybody to cover trips.

I said no...I am unavailable, and I begin vacation today.

We have 75 pilots on furlough. This is ridiculous.

Anyone else getting the JM call with guys on furlough? I hope you are saying no.

Yeah, really, who do you work for? If it is AWAC, we have not furloughed yet, but yes we have been junior manning and yes we are sending roughly 75 to the street next week. In general though, it does not matter who you fly for, you do not pick up opentime nor accept junior mans when there are guys on the street, case closed.

Technically it's not really JM when you can say no to it......you mean an OT call right?

Just don't pick up the phone.

Some contracts allow you to say you are unavailable. That said, the easiest low hassle way to tell them you are unavailable is to not answer your phone on your days off.

who do you fly for

PSA.

Our contract does state you can be unavailable. I have vacation and they still call.

This is all an unwritten rule to not pick up these open times and junior mans, but maybe some of that cash we send to ALPA could be used to start a campaign against picking up open time/refusing j.m.'s, etc.

PSA.

Our contract does state you can be unavailable. I have vacation and they still call.

This is all an unwritten rule to not pick up these open times and junior mans, but maybe some of that cash we send to ALPA could be used to start a campaign against picking up open time/refusing j.m.'s, etc.

I think it should absolutely be an official union policy. Trust me, at AWAC it is just as bad right now, you are with similar company. Fly safe.

"UNAVAILABLE" I am Sorry!
Do they really think we have spare time to help them out when they give us lines with 11 days off worth 79 hours! Don't Furlough!! 2 Crew planers resigned this week effective in Sept. with NO full time replacements! It's going to get bad boys and girls!

Latest resources

Back