Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Online Update

Green Baron 737 said:
Good luck to all the poolies in the July 25th class. Hope we all get out of this pool very soon. I am getting some major shrinkage from it. ;) Can't wait for good news about upcoming classes.

BTW, did any of you figure out how to update your online application with flight time? Mine is read-only and won't allow updates.
GB

GB,

It is a bit counter intuitive but try this:

http://www.upsjobs.com/cgi-bin/parse-file?TEMPLATE=/htdocs/index.html

Instead of going to APPLICATION CENTER; login. Try:

SUBMIT RESUME/CV; Edit Resume/CV; then login with email and password.

Let me know if this doesn't do the trick.

Hawg

Hey lakelivin!

I did my med on a Mon. and I got the call on Thurs of the same week. It was very quick for me. The letter from the doc with the actual results from the bloodwork came on the next Mon or Tues; I don't really remember the exact day. I take it you did your med and are now waiting? Let us know when you get the good news!

1800 RVR :D

No ring here, but I'm new to the pool as of June. Any idea how long the wait is now? Who's most senior in the pool - longest wait?

Marco?
Marco?
Marco?

-New Swimmer Sonny

SonnyD,

Hello new guy. Who knows how long the wait is? I have been in for 7 months. I know of a guy in for 2.5 years. Well, now it is like 2 years 8 months.

LLB

Wish they would add a couple more points to your score for every month that you are in the pool. That way at least you know you'll be fished out sometime. I'll be sticking it out for UPS but I hope they learn from others (who jumped ship to Fedex while in class). Any news on when an August class will be?

Chris

Thought I'd share some good news to my fellow poolies.

Seems that the IPA Union's newhire welcoming dinner is scheduled for Aug. 25th. That should make the start date on Aug 22nd. Seems like it's slated for 11 newhires. No further info at this time. Good luck to all. If you hear something please share.
GB

Second hand, but reliable...

Hey guys,

I don't know how many people visit this board, but the info has been reliable in the past. I would feel good about this info! Good luck to you all!

http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.com/showthread.php?t=642

The July 7th class started this week with 6 new-hire pilots:

727 FO: 2
727 SO: 4

The upcoming July 25th class of 18 pilots:

757/767 FO (Louisville Int'l): 5
757/767 FO (Miami): 2
757/767 FO (Louisville): 2
DC8 FO (SDF): 3
DC8 SO (SDF): 6

...and the August 18th class of 11 pilots:

757/767 FO (Louisville Int'l): 3
757/767 FO (Louisville): 5
757/767 FO (Ontario): 3

UPS is interviewing about 12 pilots per week.

Hey new guy here..thought i would give out some info for the poolies. I am not sure if i am a poolie or not. I interviewed mid June and got a call for the physical today (I am going to do it tomorrow). Never received a letter or any communication before the call today. Didnt get offered a pending class date either. Is this going to be a new type of "after physical" pool or has this happened to others also?

Congrats jetlaggy!

Congrats jetlaggy and welcome!

What you are experiencing (most likely from past performance) is the ultimate good fortune after the UPS interview - the call for the physical before the pool letter even shows up! You say you weren't offered a specific class date. Did they give you a conditional offer of employment based upon the succesful completetion of your med. and background checks? If so, you're in. If not, then either they didn't say it yet or they forgot (which I doubt), or they are doing something new (which I also doubt). My guess - you're golden. Let us know how things go!

1800 RVR

Latest resources

Back