• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Juggling the impossible - Keeping fit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I am on the road, I keep in shape by walking/running up the hotel stairs. You do 10 flights of stairs once or twice, and you will find out what kind of shape you are really in. It is TOUGH. Also, most airports have a Wendy's.....the spring mix salad with a plain (or a dab of low-cal dressing) baked potato is a real WINNER.

All this business about keeping lean and fit is over-rated. Oh, I may not have sweet young stewardesses lining up to my hotel room door, but think of the safety benefits of a physique like mine: there's not an airplane in the world that'll get into a deep stall with me in the nose. :D

Typhoon: your brother... talk about someone skinny!!!

That said I am a small guy, small frame etc. Back in college I was only 118-125 but within 3 1/2 years of airline flying was up to 150. Doesn't sound bad but it was all "tire." I finally said enough is enough on Jan 1st and cut out all non-diet soda, juice, etc. I am doing a 1200-1400 calorie a day diet which I carefully mointor and to try to get more complete meals when I am on the road I use "lite" protein bars to replace meals when I don't have access to something decent. I eat tons of grilled chicken, turkey, salads etc. with no mayo, fatty dressings etc. No fries or deserts either except maybe a "free" meal every 2 weeks. I do 6 days a week of 30 minutes of aerobic exercise and use the treadmills in the hotels or just run outside. In about 9 weeks I have lost 20 pounds and am down to 129 with a goal of 124 to go. Then I hope to put some weight back on in the form of muscle in a more intense weight training routine with higher daily calorie levels.

It is working and I feel SO much better.

Latest resources

Back