• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Judge's Order Affirms SkyWest Airlines Pilots' Right to Organize

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
P.S. just so everyone knows, if you register to get information from ALPA and it comes to a vote again at the company...if you don't vote, ALPA automatically counts you as a "yes" vote. So if you don't want them...you have to vote NO.

I would consider voting for ALPA when they fix their problems.

Get back Delta's retirement
Get Back United's retirement
Get back United's work rules
Get TWA's pilots their jobs back
Give Northwest back everything they lost

We no longer live in a society where a union is the answer. Let's look at TSA holdings...ie G0Jet.
ALPA is so strong that at first they were going to blacklist Freedom pilots, but because they started paying dues...they were good enough then to be ALPA members.

It seems everything management does to a group these days, the union is unable to counter...why would I pay for something that is worthless to me.

amen!

You guys will NEVER have it as good as you do now!

If the ALPA threat goes away - mngt will treat you worse than now!

If you vote ALPA in mngt will treat you worse than now!

Enjoy living "in the here and now" boys - as soon as this thing is decided, the game will change.

P.S. just so everyone knows, if you register to get information from ALPA and it comes to a vote again at the company...if you don't vote, ALPA automatically counts you as a "yes" vote. So if you don't want them...you have to vote NO.

I don't think that's correct, BL. Here is an historical reference:
http://library.findlaw.com/2006/May/1/241516.html

Although unions would LIKE that to be the case by passage of HR800, it is not and has not been since 1947. Unions CAN present these cards to the EMPLOYER who then MAY ELECT to agree to union certification since the majority of the employees have expressed interest. Call me crazy, but I don't see SkyWest doing that.

In any case, it is not what ALPA says is the case - its what NLRB says. NLRB says (now) that once 50% +1 vote by secret ballot FOR union certification, it is done. Until then, it's ALPA's wishes.

Last edited:
I would consider voting for ALPA when they fix their problems.

Get back Delta's retirement
Get Back United's retirement
Get back United's work rules
Get TWA's pilots their jobs back
Give Northwest back everything they lost
None of those things are the "fault" of ALPA National. Delta, United, and Northwest were in bankruptcy, BK judges allowed the pensions to be tossed aside, and the pilots of each group voted IN FAVOR of their concessoinary contract. As far as TWA goes...I think the blame there goes to the APA more than ALPA but I'll let a former Redbird chime in on that.

It seems everything management does to a group these days, the union is unable to counter...why would I pay for something that is worthless to me.

The "union" has been unable to counter because of limitations within the Railway Labor Act, management-sympathetic bankruptcy judges, and pilot groups not being released into self help...but most importantly, you need to realize THE PILOTS ARE THE UNION! The "union" is only as strong as the pilot with the weakest unity in each local!

How quick we forget exactly what "the union" did for the legacies in the late 90s thru 2001...

None of those things are the "fault" of ALPA National. Delta, United, and Northwest were in bankruptcy, BK judges allowed the pensions to be tossed aside, and the pilots of each group voted IN FAVOR of their concessoinary contract. As far as TWA goes...I think the blame there goes to the APA more than ALPA but I'll let a former Redbird chime in on that.

The "union" has been unable to counter because of limitations within the Railway Labor Act, management-sympathetic bankruptcy judges, and pilot groups not being released into self help...but most importantly, you need to realize THE PILOTS ARE THE UNION! The "union" is only as strong as the pilot with the weakest unity in each local!

How quick we forget exactly what "the union" did for the legacies in the late 90s thru 2001...

Well I guess we need to "live in the now" then don't we?

The now is the state of the industry coming out of bankruptcy. The political climate has favored business over labor for the last dozen years. How does it make you feel that business can make mistakes, face hard times, not be able to pay the bills and have a judge give then the loop holes to shirk their obligations, but when it comes to you and me the politicians in charge overhauled personal bankruptcy to protect the ones who extended credit to those who were most like to not pay it back.

Hopefully the new political climate will back the American worker over the handfull of stockholders who only care about the ink (they are investors, thats all they should care about, but management needs to understand that the workers will eventually make the stockholders happy)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back