• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jr. Bases for ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You get 20 min north or southwest of ATL and things are nice....around the airport is ghetto...

Midtown, buckhead, east cobb, vinings, and the virginia highlands hardly suck.

You get 20 min north or southwest of ATL and things are nice....around the airport is ghetto...

I guess it's safe to say you don't have children. I would agree, there are some areas of the ATL that are OK, as long as you are already an adult (or a hoodrat, depending on the section of town you're in and the goals you have for your life). Ask around about how many children are being home schooled or attend private schools here. The public education in/around Atlanta is a complete disaster and, as is the Atlanta way, those who could/should be fixing it are currently "on break." As in: "we on break." The work ethic for the majority of those from Atlanta is non-existant. The race relations are right at about the same place they were for the rest of the country approximately 150 years ago. Some public schools actually refused to teach their students evolution (Supreme Court had to intervene). Rather than have a good light-rail system they have one that goes from the airport to nowhere. Especially nice due to the fact that they had all the infrastructure in place, but voted to pave over it all back in the 80's to "keep crime from spreading to the suburbs." Now you've just got horrendous traffic and broken down hooptee's all over the place. Other than that, it's a lovely town.

-Blucher

Thanks for the advise. I'm looking forward to the poverty level wages and the chance to work for such a great airline. I've visited Houston and really can't imagine a nicer place to live,

Having lived 6 years in Houston and 9 in Atlanta, I would much prefer Houston. As a pilot I would prefer ATL to IAH, but for living conditions, hospitality, and general atmosphere, I'd take Houston in a heartbeat.

ASA is a train wreck because they have, for the past 5 years, made it a point of hiring upper managers who are openly hostile to the line employees. That is why people are leaving in droves. Once ASA was a really great place to work. And once the doors close it still is (at least it was 3 months ago). But less than half the time we spend at work is with the door closed.

Dang it... I only live 18 minutes north. Thaaaaaats where I went wrong. This place blows.

But overall, ASA seems pretty cool. Granted I just got off OE and have no freaking clue what Im talking about... but at least I admit it.

Yeah I don't have children...if I did I would definitely keep them away from the Atlanta public schools...i.e. close in or really anything in south Fulton county or near the city.

I grew up in East Cobb and several of the 13 high schools in cobb county rank right up there in terms of test scores, graduation rates, excellence awards, etc...my graduating class had some 570 students...spread out to institutions like UGA, tech, bama, auburn, florida...a few ivy leagues in there....and it continues to do that every year...at least from what I've heard and that speaks well for the school system.

Living in the smryna/vinings area, I can say I'm about as close as I want to live to the airport...quick 20 mins on I-285 and I'm at the AirTran lot...a lot of young mid 20's..early-mid 30's crowd living around here...even met an ASA chick the other day who just started training....I guess my point is Atlanta has it's downfalls like every other city but overall the suburbs just north or south of the city have a lot to offer..good climate.....and even the city has great restaurants, bars, clubs...the old joke that everyone who lives in Atlanta isn't FROM Atlanta still holds true in many cases.....those yankees keep moving down here;)

Last edited:
I used to live in College Park, it is different now with Woodward Academy, however not many RJ pilots can afford to send their kids there. The historical area of CP is starting to rise again.

Nevermind. The ASA pilot who calls himself "Joe Merchant" is a waste of skin. All mouth, no brain or spine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back