• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jr. Bases for ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think so. Good luck living there on $19/hr.

Talking to a few IP's yesterday they told me that ASA is having difficulty filling new hire classes. It seems that more than 500 hours total is considered "high time" these days. Not that they are having trouble training the people, but ASA just can't attract experienced pilots.

Hmmmmm.....

maybe they should consider pilots with over 1400 hours but no flying the last 6 months (IFR current via sim)

My original posts was a simple question but it seems everyone justs likes to b!tch. I agree with you, life could be alot worse, you could be one of the 13,000 workers at Chrysler now looking for a job, or perhaps in Iraq or Afganistan getting bombed and shot at. I got out of digging ditchs and loading trucks to fly airplanes and I kind of enjoy it. All you little whiney a$$ B!tches should probably consider getting out of aviation and do something else with your life, and maybe make more room for idiots like me.

You really need a class date soon, my friend.

You know, Atlanta really isn't all that bad. You get a nice house for a great price, usually on some land not jammed up against your neighbor. The weather is nice most of the year. Its a 2 hour drive to the mountains if you like camping, biking or hiking. 1 hour to a great lake for boating, and a 4 hour drive to the beaches in Fla or the GA coast. If you like sports, Phillips arena is great and Turner Field is a nice place to watch a game. I'm not sure why people b!tch so much about it. Sure, the people that work at Wendys and Burger King leave a bit to be desired, but there is more to living here than that. JMHO.

"Great Scott. ATL is a train wreck of a city with some of the nastiest people on Earth."

- I thought that was Stank Louis...I mean St. Louis

sinca - not to start a love fest but i agree completely. asa screws many things up badly and has some terrible managers. but so do most companies. I live in the city and love it - unlike the south side there are very few pilots. so many times I have come home and complained that my check was screwed up or my trip was extended - only to hear them laugh and tell me a worse story about coke, or home depot, or turner, or cox, or a law firm or a sales job.

i know you will agree that compared to most jobs we have few 'personal politics' issues that most in corporate america do, albeit with contractual ones here.

i know first year attorneys starting at 100K in atl - their lives suck. i know sales guys making 150 who cant sleep at night over a make or break deal. i know guys who have spent 10 years climbing the chain at big local companies who get laid off with no warning after a bad quarterly report.

so i get annoyed when guys come on here and post how terrible life is over and over when for most - this is the only job they have ever had.

20K first year is a joke - but we have done that to ourselves. its supply and demand - as long as people accept it - it will be there. pilots have made themselves into the highest paid blue-coller workers.

sinca - not to start a love fest but i agree completely. asa screws many things up badly and has some terrible managers. but so do most companies. I live in the city and love it - unlike the south side there are very few pilots. so many times I have come home and complained that my check was screwed up or my trip was extended - only to hear them laugh and tell me a worse story about coke, or home depot, or turner, or cox, or a law firm or a sales job.

i know you will agree that compared to most jobs we have few 'personal politics' issues that most in corporate america do, albeit with contractual ones here.

i know first year attorneys starting at 100K in atl - their lives suck. i know sales guys making 150 who cant sleep at night over a make or break deal. i know guys who have spent 10 years climbing the chain at big local companies who get laid off with no warning after a bad quarterly report.

so i get annoyed when guys come on here and post how terrible life is over and over when for most - this is the only job they have ever had.

20K first year is a joke - but we have done that to ourselves. its supply and demand - as long as people accept it - it will be there. pilots have made themselves into the highest paid blue-coller workers.

Hey Chuck, how you liking life on the line with the rest of us low lifes? Missing that chief pilot check yet?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back