• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Joe the Plummer says, "Bring back the -9's"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A plummer? Why he's the guy that puts feathers in hats. A specific type of haberdasher.

And as everyone knows, the new DelNorte uniform will have jaunty feathered caps.

And Leon's getting Laaaarger!

No, no, no.... That would be a plumer (only one m). Everyone knows a plummer is someone that grows and harvests plums in a plum orchard..... :D

Seriously, though, it would seem to me (an outsider) that any mainline growth is better than none. At least you won't be getting furloughed watching more big RJs coming on property taking your flying...

CL65-

You have not been at Delta long enough to have such a negative opinion on the issue of scope. Don't forget where you came from my fellow acey'er.

Right but what he is stating is this. Currently they are not allowed to have more than 120 or so 76 seat jet a/c. Now for every mainline jet that comes on property they get three more 76 seat jets to a max of 255. We are not at 255 yet. This will help though.

I need to check, but these 9's may have been included in the baseline fleet size.

I get that but what i was getting at is that the Max is 255. When that 255 happens the only thing they can do is convert 70 seaters to 76 seats because they cant add anymore airframes. While not great it is at least a stopping point.

The bigger point is that we as a pilot group need to make sure that number NEVER goes up. Any new planes need to come to the mainline ticket.

Correct, but think of that, 255 76 seat jets. That is a ton of those.

I have a negative view of scope. I did when I was at ASA. I got shut out of Delta for six years after my 01 class was canceled. Watched DCI grow like a cancer and mainline shrink from over 10K pilot to just over 6K. Why should I have a rosy picture of it. I was hired while I was flying the e-120. Jet time was really a non-issue back then.

-9's ROCK!

At $60/bbl, -9's are a cheap date. They love you long time, baby!

Enjoy, Red guys. ;) TC

I expect the DAL SLI proposal will have the DC-9 pilots stapled to the top of the list now. Their proposal logic is based on "what you bring to the merger" and the -9s are now the most profitable aircraft for Delta.

Exception: Up to the 36 EMB-175s that were operated and/or ordered by Northwest prior to CBAID may continue to be operated with up to a maximum gross takeoff weight of 89,000 pounds.

I wonder why they bothered to put in that restriction. By the time it was written, the Compass planes were already purchased with a MTOW of 85,500.

CL65-

I could point figners saying you should have been an idealist and stayed off the jet based on your opinion, but I would have (and did) done the same thing. Just wanted to make sure you haven't forgotten your roots.

Here's hoping for the DC-9's Easter...

Please put them in MEM :)

Latest resources

Back